Failed RNY and only 1/2 a revision = a ton of belly fat

Jennifer D.
on 7/11/11 9:01 am
Hello,
I apologize for coming on and venting, I guess I am looking for anyone who has had a similar experience. I had RNY in 2002 and was miserable from the beginning. I never felt well after, had severe dumping and now nesidioblastosis. I fought with our provincial insurance for years and finally they approved me for a revision. When I woke up I was horrified to learn that only half the revision could be done, I supposedly had a VSG and I was supposed to have a DS. I say supposedly because I can eat more than my teen boys and I am hungry all the time. I lost 40 lbs within 2 weeks of the surgery and have gained back 44 (Even after joining the gym 2 - 5x per week and giving up pop and french fries: ( ). Another woman who had surgery a week after me with the same surgeon and had a VSG has lost over 150 lbs this year. Besides feeling like a failure I am now massively thick in the stomach area, my blood pressure is high and I am now borderline diabetic - not what one expects after any WLS.  Has anyone else made it through something like this? My surgiversary is approaching and I wish I wasn't so sad about it.
Thanks
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
MsBatt
on 7/11/11 12:35 pm
You may have told this before, but why was the surgeon only able to do the stomach part of your revision?
Jennifer D.
on 7/11/11 1:01 pm, edited 7/11/11 1:03 pm
I was told my body wasn't filtering out the anesthetic. I am supposed to have the second half but the surgery keeps getting put off... I am starting to wonder if anything will hellp : (
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 3:22 pm
On July 11, 2011 at 8:01 PM Pacific Time, Jennifer D. wrote:
I was told my body wasn't filtering out the anesthetic. I am supposed to have the second half but the surgery keeps getting put off... I am starting to wonder if anything will hellp : (
Why is it being pushed off? Are you insured? Can you afford cash pay?
Jennifer D.
on 7/11/11 11:15 pm
It keeps being put off because of availability of the OR. I am covered by OHIP and they have approved the surgery, I just need it sooner then later. I feel and look huge and gross, I have never looked or felt so poorly. I have a ton of weight around my stomach area and worry about having a heart attack : (
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/11 12:05 am
On July 12, 2011 at 6:15 AM Pacific Time, Jennifer D. wrote:
It keeps being put off because of availability of the OR. I am covered by OHIP and they have approved the surgery, I just need it sooner then later. I feel and look huge and gross, I have never looked or felt so poorly. I have a ton of weight around my stomach area and worry about having a heart attack : (
I'm sorry this really sucks. I am a revision also...I assume OHIP only covers surgery in Canada. Is there any possibility that you could afford a cash pay option?
Jennifer D.
on 7/12/11 8:40 am
Thank you for sympathizing with me. Actually, they first approved me to see Dr. Hares in Michigan. I can't afford to pay for the surgery myself as my student loan consumes my life. I am hoping that if I can't the second part this summer with Dr. G they'll let me see Dr. K. I guess I am pretty shocked at how my health and appearance is going downhill...
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
KarenFlorida
on 7/13/11 1:48 pm - Orlando, FL
Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy! Sending prayers your way that this somehow gets resolved soon!

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Most Active