BOB in MI

TheresaG
on 7/7/11 4:01 am - Midland, MI
Hello,

I am considering a revision surgery.  I had RNY in 2000 and lost 135 lbs. in 3 years.  Then the weight gain began and I have since gained 60 lbs back.  Is there anyone in MI who has had a revision and if so, what kind and where did you go.  Also, anyone in MI have BCBS and was it covered?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Theresa
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 8:17 am
On July 7, 2011 at 11:01 AM Pacific Time, TheresaG wrote:
Hello,

I am considering a revision surgery.  I had RNY in 2000 and lost 135 lbs. in 3 years.  Then the weight gain began and I have since gained 60 lbs back.  Is there anyone in MI who has had a revision and if so, what kind and where did you go.  Also, anyone in MI have BCBS and was it covered?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Theresa
There are some BOB on here. You may want to post on the band forum.

Rather,  I would highly suggest  that you consider revision to the duodenal switch. www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch-safe-op eration.pdf

www.dsfacts.com
TheresaG
on 7/8/11 4:16 am - Midland, MI
Thanks, I am looking into both of the procedures.  On the phone right now with BCBS to see what they will cover.  Found out that my surgeons will do either procedure.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 7:06 am
On July 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM Pacific Time, TheresaG wrote:
Thanks, I am looking into both of the procedures.  On the phone right now with BCBS to see what they will cover.  Found out that my surgeons will do either procedure.
Which surgeon said he would do either? Be very careful who you consult about RNY to DS. It is a tricky surgery, and there are only a handful of surgeons who will do this. Dr. Obeid is not a DS surgeon. Many surgeons will lie about doing a surgery, so be careful...I would contact Dr. Ara Keshishian at dssurgery.com. He did my revision, and he is the most experienced ith RNY to DS.
TheresaG
on 7/11/11 6:56 am - Midland, MI
Thanks for your input.  Dr. Obied died a few years ago.  I am very careful in my research and my journey.  I almost died from my RNY surgery in 2000, so if I go through with a revision I will make sure that all of their credentials are in order.
heathercross
on 7/8/11 4:28 am - New York, NY
Theresa, please feel free to reach out to me. I had an RNY in 2002 and I had a Band over Bypass (BOB) on the 23rd of July. My profile is up to date. I am 2 wks post-op down about 22lbs. 

Heather

TheresaG
on 7/11/11 6:55 am - Midland, MI
Thanks Heather, I will be in touch. :)
Renfairewench
on 7/10/11 4:12 am
I had a revision from RNY to Duodenal Switch in 2009.  I had my RNY done in 1999 and went from 430 to 210. Over the course of 10 years I gained to 302 pounds. I was 289 the day of surgery (due to a 14 day required weight loss program by the surgeon).  I am currently 160 pounds. I have Aetna insurance and had no problems ant all getting an approval.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

TheresaG
on 7/11/11 6:54 am - Midland, MI
Wow, that is great.  I will keep you posted.  I go for a consult apt. on Aug. 5th.
Most Active