My Revision was APPROVED!!!!!!

knailnhair
on 7/5/11 2:30 am - Milford, NJ
Just got the call from my doctors office!!! I am beyond excited!!! I'll be having the revision RNY on July 25, 2011!!!! They will remove my Realize Band and do the bypass in the same day.

Question for all of you.....when you were on clear liquids, how did you get your protein in? What protein suppliments did you use?

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Frankie
on 7/5/11 4:50 am - NY
Congratulations on your approval!!!!!  I ordered some protein from www.Unjury.com and they have non-flavored protein and I used that in my broths, water etc.  You will have to try different proteins to see what tastes right for you.

Good luck.

Frances

eviegal0827
on 7/5/11 5:06 am - MONTEREY PARK, CA
Good luck to you, great news... You asked about protin, out here in southern California, we have a location "Max muscle" they carry a lean make sure that its low in sugar and high in protien. I'm not sure if you have Costco and they carry collegen in pill form, its graet, and don't forget your multi vitamins. Goog luck to you, I wish you a successful recovery. If you can, please keep me posted, if you can. : )
Hislady
on 7/5/11 6:54 am - Vancouver, WA
The only protein drink I could gag down was the GNC isopure ready to drink bottles. I think they had 40 grams of protein, now they weren't great but tolerable especially over ice. Good luck, so happy you got your revision!!
TamaraL
on 7/5/11 10:35 am
i drank the clear cytomax drinks and its got a lot of protien in it

Amy_Kleve
on 7/5/11 1:35 pm - Adrian, MN
Congrats!!
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Stacey-71
on 7/5/11 8:45 pm - OH

Congrats! I too am a RNY revision from the band! I used Bariatric Advantage milk chocolate meal replacement shakes. Its hard at first to get your protein and water in.....just do your best!
*you only be on clear liquids for a matter of days, then you'll move to full liquids and that is when I started with the shakes*

knailnhair
on 7/5/11 11:20 pm - Milford, NJ
Thanks everyone!!! I'm so excited! Scared but excited!!! My biggest concern is getting in the protein while on clear liquids....when I had my band surgery, I had a horrible time finding a protein drink I could tolerate, they all tasted so horrible!!! Wish they had one that had no taste, LOL

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

ginau
on 7/6/11 12:19 pm - mesa, AZ
KImi

try ordering samples online = there  are a coupe sites you can check out, also checl local nutrition shops  for samples,,, ones you like now 0 you may not like after surgery - my tastebuds changed  drastically...   Good luck and best wish's

Jeanna

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 1:06 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Hey, maybe you could offer some advice, I am so down and depressed.  My revision is also approved, I have completed every single test I was supposed to, then at the last minute I was "bumped" from my surgery date without any notice!
I was upset and called the surgeon, who I didn't realize was on vacation, but the conversation didn't go well and I apparently really upset him - so now he won't do my surgery!  It was 3 days prior to my scheduled surgery day!
Do you think if I find another surgeon he will 'pick up where the last one left off' and help me??

Most Active