lapband revision to gastric bypass tomorrow

rosepatty62
on 7/4/11 8:42 am
Happy 4th everyone!  Tomorrow at 7:30am I will be having my revsion surgery.  I have had my lapband for 4.5 years and haven't been able to loose very successfully.  I lost around 60lbs but hope this revision to gastric bypass will take off another 100.  My Dr. is Christopher Joyce in Joliet, Il.  He did my lapband and will also do the revision.  I am getting scared now, but put my trust in God and know this is the best thing for my health.  I would appreciate prayers for a smooth and  successful surgery and speedy recovery. 
Pupcake !.
on 7/4/11 9:04 am - Stranded in, IA
Good luck!

I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Pup
Amy_Kleve
on 7/4/11 10:46 am - Adrian, MN
Good luck, I will be praying!
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

missnanajean
on 7/4/11 1:25 pm - Friendswood, TX
You will be fine! Follow th rules and enjoy your New Life. Tommorrow is 20mo.s for me and down 110#  was just thinking today how blessed I am and where I was last year compared to now. Lapband revised to lap RNY same story as you. Only problems for me have been bad unknowing food choices and that gets you back on track real quick when you dump. Blood sugar rises quckly then dropsquickly leaving you feeling sick and have to lay down. i can eat pretty normally and good portions within reason. You learn to tweek   recipes for the better like potato salad made with greek yogurt and spincah dip and cheesecake with greek yogurt Yum! Keep posting and we'll save a warm seat on the losers bench for you.
  Miss  Jean   
Holly O.
on 7/6/11 2:30 am - FL
Prayers are with you.............I had my lapband taken out 3 weeks ago and am doing really, really good!!  Hang in there!!!
   Holly                                      
Most Active