Had revision had complications . need help

Campari
on 7/1/11 6:22 am
 Hi all
I have my revision june 1st did well for 4 days then ended up with an abcess and then a large leak.  was in hospital over 2 weeks.  I now have a large stent to try to heal the leak. It is painful.
I don't want to eat nothing appeals to me.
even drinking is a chore.
any suggestions?
I am so upset and I know I need a positive attitude so I can heal.  I don't know what to do.
Has anyone had this happen to them?
thanks

Hislady
on 7/1/11 7:05 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't have any answers for ya but I want to say hang in there, it will get better! Just try to take everything slow and steady, stay strong.
Campari
on 7/1/11 7:11 am
 thank you for your kindness.  I just am trying to stay positive.. it is so hard.  Life has turned upside down.  We live in RI came down to Florida for the surgery and thought I would be back in RI  at end of June.. Now I have now idea when I will be able to return.. I have stents and they have to stay in 4-6 weeks. I just pray they are healing.
It doesn't help that I have no desire to eat or drink anything and I know I need to.
If i taste yogurt  again I may scream!
NeeNee1971
on 7/1/11 7:17 am - FL
Did they do a leak test on you before discharge???? Sounds like they didn't. I am hoping you are better soon or feeling a bit better since then
Pre Surgery  352  Surgery  346 ~ Current  198  Goal  180
Mommy to: Emma Grace 7/23/03 ~ Erin Faith 12/5/05 ~ Kayley Olena 9/17/08

Campari
on 7/3/11 12:32 pm
 yes they did the leak test it was fine.  I was good for a few days when I went home. Then I started taking the vitamins and they made me so sick.  went for the check up and dr. discovered an abcess and put me on oral antibiotics which of course hurt my stomach.. then a few days later I was in worse pain went to er got admitted and they discovered the leak.
I have stents put in now.  they hurt all the time and it is so hard to eat.
I am miserable.
Kelly-L
on 7/17/11 4:31 am - West Point, NY
Hello.. My name is Kelly. I just want to let you know that your doctor sounds really good. I know that times seem discouraging. keep your head up. I am getting ready to have a revision and I am so afraid. My ex-husband, father of my little boy and my best friend passed away from initial Roux en Y at Loma Linda VA Hospital last September. He had a leak and the doctor was negligent. He went in, did not find the leak, drained the blood, but when he stuck to port in, punctured the bowel and for 5 days, my ex had bile leaking and the leak from the bypass. the doctor decided to go on vacation and leave the VA
Jack_Fabulous
on 7/17/11 6:11 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
 WOW! Ok as if I was not terrified of surgery enough before. Yikes.  I'm REALLY sorry for your loss. 
Kelly-L
on 7/17/11 10:43 am - West Point, NY
We all have to look at how many people have had good results. How many people have successful surgeries. I was freaked out and I had to sit there and think... My initial surgery was a breeze. It was great! You feel full and satisfied as if it were thanksgiving every day. Many people have revisions with no problems at all. If it is our time to go, it is our time to go. we just have to have faith in our doctor.
Campari
on 8/3/11 12:05 pm
 Oh kelly

I am so sorry for your loss.  That is awful that the Dr. left!!!

I do trust mine and I know he saved me.  I too had an easy first bypass iin 1988 of course it was just the stapling but I had no  problems with eating.. of course back then you ate an ounce of whatever you wanted..so I would eat one ounce of mac n cheese and a green bean

I was not prepared for all this pain and food aversion.

but I had several proceedures not just the bypass..so it is a long recovery..then add the complcations.  Yikes.

I haven't taken the Potassium yet I am so afraid.. it is a giant capsule.  I don't understand how they expect you to do this.   I hate the vitamins too..and I have tried 5 protein powders and hate them all.
so just trying to plug along.  Still very weak.. going to physical therapy.  Good luck to you

Campari
on 7/17/11 8:48 am
 Oh my God I am so sorry for you loss.  That is awful. Where was the rest of the hospital staff?
it is all very upsetting and scary.

I wish you all the best.
tuesday or wednesday the stents are coming out and I pray that things improve. I need to eat but it is very hard to get anything down.
I will pray for you.
blessings
Janette
Most Active