OMG ... IM APPROVED

Amy_Kleve
on 7/1/11 12:48 am - Adrian, MN
I NEVER expected to get a phone call this morning from my insurance company! Especially when just 9 short hours ago the state of Minnesota shut down!

HAVE NEVER REACTED TO A VOICE MAIL the way I did when I heard I was approved for my duodenal switch surgery! (I was laughing and crying, I wish I had a video recording me) I had a kitty and my 1 year old son on my lap when I was crying and laughing hysterically!

The first appeal went in just 10 days ago, they told me the appeal would take 30 days!

You all are the first to know !!!
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

clpeltz
on 7/1/11 1:29 am
That is wonderful Amy!  Are you scheduled for surgery yet?

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Amy_Kleve
on 7/1/11 1:41 am - Adrian, MN
Yep, August 2nd. I just called to schedule my pre-op weigh in and learning center class. The lady acted like she didn't know what the heck I was talking about. So she is going to have a nurse call me back. LOL

Cheryl N.
on 7/1/11 3:24 am - Des Moines, WA
Congrats!! I got my appeal approved and the case manager contacted me via email and I was at work when i got the word.  I got so excited!! 

I am going for RNY on August 1st and you get revised the day after! :) 

I can't wait for the crapband to be out.  Did you get a complete unfill of your band? I did!! 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Amy_Kleve
on 7/1/11 4:11 am - Adrian, MN
Congratulations as well!!!! We will have an exciting August

I can't wait to get my band off either! I haven't had it unfilled, its still 1/2 full! I wish I did get it unfilled because I just got spaghetti stuck

cnelson62
on 7/2/11 7:26 am - TX
Cheryl,

That is so exciting!  I had my approval in a little over a 1 1/2 days.  I am too going from the band to RNY but my revision surgery is scheduled for 7/11/11.  I had lapband or as you say crapband done almost exactly 2 yrs ago this month as well.  My band is not located in the proper position and I wasted 2 yrs on that and only lost 50lbs.  Cant wait for surgery but a little nervous!  Hope all goes well for you and I will be posting on here afterwords!  Good luck!
Duck_Girl
on 7/1/11 8:56 am
Congratulations!! I CANT wait till July 12nd when they pull this piece of crap out of me.

Anyone in the market for a moderately used lap band?

Amy_Kleve
on 7/1/11 2:28 pm - Adrian, MN
Thanks!
Congrats on your revision as well and good luck to you!
I have a moderatly used lap band too up for grabs! LOL I just feel sorry for who ever wants it!

Cheryl N.
on 7/1/11 11:04 am - Des Moines, WA
Sorry about that.. I feel much better without all that fill .... altho the night before my period I felt my band getting tight and then i regurgaiated my dinner! :( 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Band to DS
on 7/2/11 12:33 am, edited 2/4/12 3:52 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active