X-post.. In shock...denied!

soulsister
on 7/1/11 6:54 am - NY
The drs. office just called and told me I was denied sleeve surgery but approved for lapband removal. They want to "see how I do" after it is out. So in other words I need to gain weight. Of course I will gain weight! I cannot take a crap shoot and have this thing out next week. The main problem is my BMI is only 32.
Any advice on an appeal? I will get an attorney if I have to. I cannot live with this band or be ok without having a revision. I know I will gain all of the weight back without the sleeve.
I am so upset. I had everything planned and ready to. All of my pre-op testing and clearance for surgery is in for july 11 th.
Hislady
on 7/1/11 7:08 am - Vancouver, WA
Big hugs, stay strong and push those insurance people hard. I think they just deny to see how you react to it. Best of luck, you'll get there!
airbender
on 7/1/11 7:12 am

approval of revision surgery and lapband removal are very different, not knowing your history and you not posting I can't advise.  Your insurance co should send you the reason for your denial of surgery, in your case VSG, with an adverse determination it is your right to know.  you can't appeal without knowing why you were denied.  make sure you know and understand you adhesion contract very well to appeal and follow your timeline.   you say you can't live with the band, so you must have medical issues.  yes you will gain the weight when you have the band removed.  wishing you well for your revision

Amy_Kleve
on 7/1/11 3:45 pm - Adrian, MN
I'm sorry to hear this
I would be upset after having everything planned out :(
I hope something works out

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Band to DS
on 7/2/11 12:27 am, edited 2/4/12 3:52 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active