Question about 1st appointment for revision

ebanks
on 6/30/11 12:35 am - Glen Daniel, WV
Hi! I made an appointment to speak to a surgeon about my options for a revison.  I had gastric bypass in 2007 - lost 120 lbs, got pregnant in 2008 and am well on my way to being back the way I was before surgery.  I can eat anything and everything with no restrictions.  My question is this... what did you say at your first visit? I guess I'm afraid he will stamp a big "NON-COMPLIANT FAILURE" stamp on me and send me on my way.  I'm just so embarrassed and I'm not sure what to say at my first visit.  Any input from anyone who has already started this journey is very appreciated!
heathercross
on 6/30/11 2:46 am - New York, NY
You say exactly what you are saying to us here.  If this is a new dtr, I'd bring your pre-op records and also some other records about your post-op care, history and weight loss.  The dtr will probably refer you for an endoscopy or upper GI and maybe a CT Scan of the Abdomen. That will tell him/her a lot and will be able to shed light as to if there is anything anatomically wrong.

Good Luck.
ebanks
on 6/30/11 3:09 am - Glen Daniel, WV
Thanks Heather! I just never thought I'd be doing this .. again.  It's so frustrating.  BUT, I'm determined to get this weight off for life!
Most Active