Possible revision

anditaf
on 6/29/11 3:36 pm
Hi, haven't been on OH in 10 years since my 1st surgery (open RNY) in June of 2001. I weighed 324lbs and was down to 218 by my 1 yr anniversary date. In 2003 I had a breast reduction and also had a hernia repair w/ tummy tuck and lost another 27 lbs. In 2005 I had my started having my complications. 1st I found out I was severely anemic and B12 and folic  deficient and had to start IV infusions of iron every week for a year (now just every 2 months) also take b12 shots weekly and I had a bowel obstruction in which they removed 9 inches. Then I started to gradually lose my teeth (I'm 41) and now have a complete set of dentures. I had gradually started to gain weight back now over the last 5 years and was having some swallowing issues so they did an endoscopy on me and my pouch is the size of a robin's egg they said but didn't give me any more info than that. Now it's ten years later, I'm up to 271 lbs, I still don't eat much at one sitting and I still have dumping syndrome if I eat the wrong thing or to fast. I have noticed I can eat more times in a day than I used to be able to though. My Dr that performed my surgery moved years ago so I contacted the closest hospital to me that does revisions, which is the Cleveland Clinic. Does anyone have any experience with them? I've looked on there website and have talked with them and it sounds like they only revise WLS with the RNY. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.  
airbender
on 6/29/11 8:00 pm
I would suggest posting your question to the DS board and to look at all youroptions.  there are plenty of rny to ds, and many have had dumping syndrome and reactive hypoglycemia.  good luck to your revision and feel better in the future...
anditaf
on 6/30/11 4:53 am
Also forgot to mention that I have open wounds now on my stomach where my tummy tuck was performed from the weight gain and the only thing that will take them away will be weight loss.I've had MRSA and Staff infection in them and have been hospitalized several times for them. DS may not be an option under my insurance and self-pay is out of the question.
Most Active