Question

native2u
on 6/26/11 11:01 am - Merritt Island, FL

I'm not sure how to ask these questions so please be nice..........

I'm currently suffering from nausea & vomiting and have been for 9 months now and had RNY over 2 years ago. I've been reading about how people that have gone from RNY to DS are "cured" of their nausea & vomiting. Therefore, I've been reading a lot. My questions is this.......what test or procedure would determine that I would be cured of my nausea & vomiting "if" I decided to have a revision from RNY to DS? And how could I convince any of my Dr's that having a revision would help me?

**history of me**.....I've currently got 6 doctors (3 at the Mayo Clinic) that can't seem to find anything wrong with me, but yet I puked 99% of what I eat daily. I have had CT Scans (upper & lower....with contrast & without contrast), Endoscopy's (2), Barium Swallow Studies, Double Balloon Endoscopy, etc done....and all are "normal". I'm about 10lbs under my RNY Surgeon's goal weight for me.
MsBatt
on 6/26/11 12:01 pm
I suggest you also ask this on the DS board. Offhand, I can think of at least three regular posters on the DS board who've been where you are now. Yehuda is one, I believe BaileyMouse is another, and the third name escapes me right now.
native2u
on 6/26/11 12:12 pm - Merritt Island, FL
On June 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM Pacific Time, MsBatt wrote:
I suggest you also ask this on the DS board. Offhand, I can think of at least three regular posters on the DS board who've been where you are now. Yehuda is one, I believe BaileyMouse is another, and the third name escapes me right now.
Thanks.....just posted on DS too.
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 9:01 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I wonder what's causing it?

My Ds revision was due to my rny causing esophageal erosion from vomiting, but that was a direct cause of an extra ring around my stoma. Everything got caught and came back up. I also had reactive hypoglycemia and dumping from the rny. All of it did disappear with the DS. I think I've been nauseated a total of 3 times with the DS - once from dehydration, twice from flagyl when I contracted c. diff.

Perhaps you are in a constant state of hypoglycemia?
native2u
on 6/27/11 2:20 am - Merritt Island, FL
On June 27, 2011 at 4:01 AM Pacific Time, baileymouse wrote:
I wonder what's causing it?

My Ds revision was due to my rny causing esophageal erosion from vomiting, but that was a direct cause of an extra ring around my stoma. Everything got caught and came back up. I also had reactive hypoglycemia and dumping from the rny. All of it did disappear with the DS. I think I've been nauseated a total of 3 times with the DS - once from dehydration, twice from flagyl when I contracted c. diff.

Perhaps you are in a constant state of hypoglycemia?
All of my Dr's have no idea what is causing my nausea or vomiting. Plus, all of my bloodwork comes back pretty normal, nothing shocking. I am showing signs in my bloodwork now of dehydration. None of the Dr's have said anything about hyproglycemia to me, so I'm assuming they've ruled that out too.
Most Active