Now the Waiting Game.............

Sexyvt123
on 6/23/11 11:56 pm
I just called my insurance (BCBS of IL) and they finally received my paper work for my revision.  YAY!!!!  Now the worst part begins......(Waiting).  I'm hoping to hear something back by next week the latest.(Praying).  I would like to have this surgery done early July if possible.  I must say everything went smooth this time with the coordinator (Gina) at Lennox Hill.  At first she was having problems faxing my paper work because my insurance gave her the wrong number.  She emailed me for my help and like super woman I was there to the rescue.  Because of all the crap I went through with my previous coordinator at NYU I'm more prepared this time around.  I actually had the fax number on my speed dial and was able to give it to her instantly.  Through this entire journey I've learned that sometimes you just have to be proactive in making things happen yourself.  You can depend on people all the time to do the right thing.  I will be calling my insurance mid next week for an update.  Please pray for me and keep your fingers cross. 

Thanks

CindyLyn
on 6/24/11 1:42 am - Evadale, TX
I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you and you are in my prayers.  I'm will BCBS of Texas so I sorta now how you feel.  It took me a full month to get the first response and now I am waiting on more of my medical records to be forwarded to them.  I am praying for a September date.

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

Zee Starrlite
on 6/24/11 2:34 am
Gina is on the money!  Depends on insurance, Oxford was pretty easy and that had been their experience (the office).  My approval came through before I was ready for it.  And they are pretty quick about scheduling surgery - too fast for me.  Gina is a gem!

I am so glad that I am done.  Since you know I love Dr. Roslin, I won't say it again okay.  The surgical team couldn't be better.  You will be taken care of at Lenox Hill.

Blessings,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

heathercross
on 6/24/11 5:20 am - New York, NY
Gina is a gem!  She got me approved for a revision in 3 days, without the psych evaluation or the nutrionist just Dr. Roslin's info and the endoscopy and CT results.  Unfrotunately, surgery was approved and so was Dr. Roslin but not Lenox Hill bc Aetna doesnt recognize it as a Bariatric Center of Excellance.  However, once I switched to NYU, all Nilsa had to do was call Aetna, switch faciliaties and VIOLA, approval.  Didnt even have to do the 3 month managed weight loss. 

Be patient. It will happen.  I just had surgery yesterday, just got home.  Started all this in March, switched to NYU in April and was able to pick my date a week later,  Waited to June bc I wanted to be with present employer for a yr before I had surgery bc of Short Term Disability.

Heather
sandy_mt
on 6/25/11 11:47 pm
Gina has been great to work with!  As soon as she knows something, so will you!

Sandy 
Frankie
on 6/26/11 11:52 pm - NY
Hey girl,

It will happen and before you know it you will get your APPROVAL!!!! 

Frankie

Most Active