Very Upset but not giving up!

CindyLyn
on 6/23/11 2:05 pm - Evadale, TX
I have done everything I need to do for my insurance (Fed Blue) to review me for revision surgery.  All of my paperwork was submitted and recieved by BCBS on May 20.  I understood that I probably would not hear anything until June 20.  This past friday I got a letter in the mail from them stating they need all of my records from my first WLS surgeon.  I thought they had all of that information??  I mean what they are asking for is  all of the paperwork submitted for the surgery I had done in "08..... They say.. no they don't have any of  that and that I  need to send that to them and then they can go ahead and approve or deny my revision...  OKAY..... that Dr moved from TX to WI a year after my surgery and up until 5 days ago I was under the impression that my records were still here in TX but had been lost.... NOT SO.... They are in WI with the person who did my orginal surgery and they aren't sure when they can search for them and get them to me.
NOT COOL!!!!  The only time my husband has vacation is in Sept and then not again until 2012... that means I will have to start all over working toward my deductible.... as of right now we have met $4000 or the $5000 deductible...  I am sorry for rambling on about all of this.... I guess I just needed to vent..  I hope you all have a blessed weekend!!

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

jlflbf
on 6/23/11 11:52 pm - Shore Area, NJ
So sorry to hear you are having these problems..Hopefully they can get the records to your insurance company and you can move forward.
Best of luck
Nannette
on 6/24/11 12:20 am - Toms River, NJ
Hey Jen -- did you ever make an appt with Dr Roslin -- I'll be there next Thursday about 3ish for appts with psych and nutrition -- I'll talk to you further Saturday.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

jlflbf
on 6/24/11 12:32 am - Shore Area, NJ
Hi Nan,
Yes I have an appointment Wednesday at 12:30. Do they do the psych and nutrition there?
What other testing does he require? I'll talk to you more on Saturday. Did you decide to go for it?
Most Active