1 Day Post-op - Just got Home!

heathercross
on 6/24/11 5:20 am - New York, NY
Just got home.  NYU was a pleasure.  I loved Lenox Hill but NYU was amazing.  The nurses, the staff, the admin, everything.  Was a great experience.  Surgery was initially planned for 5pm and the night before Admissions called at I got moved to a 12nn surgery, 10:30AM arrival.  Wasn't thrilled bc I had appts and work commitments till 1pm on Thursday, but, what are you going to do. 

I went into the OR at 1230pm and was done by 2pm.  Woke up in recovery around 3pm, recall seeing Dr. Kurian and her telling me it was a piece of cake, she fixed the hernia and all I remember asking her was "did you have to open me up" she said, no, was able to do it lap!

Got to my room about 530-6 and had a pretty uneventful night.  A lot of nausea caused from the anesthesia.  Also had a hard time urinating but mainly due to the fact that I was incredibly dehydrated.  Woke up in the middle of the night, excruciating headache and begged them for addt'l saline in my IV.  It worked bc I was pee-ing within an hr and the headache started to subside. 

This morning I had an espogram at 9 and was discharged at 12nn.  Didn't see Kurian today, she came to see my while I was down in Radiology getting the esophogram but I saw her residents several times.  Right now, I'm at home, drinking a protein shake, already walked the dogs and my mom and I (who came up from Philly) are going to see a movie at 6pm.

All is good in the world.
Holly O.
on 6/24/11 7:47 am - FL
Awesome!!  Welcome home!!  You did awesome!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
randy S.
on 6/25/11 1:00 pm - brooklyn, NY
I am confused. Did u have a revision on ur rny or did u have hernia repair.
Glad ur doing so great whatever it was.
Ditto on the NYU thing.
heathercross
on 6/25/11 11:25 pm - New York, NY
Randy, I has a re vision, lap band over bypass (BOB) but I also had a hernia that had to be repaired. I'm doing ok just not enjoying all the gas and discomfort.
DonnaCrosland
on 6/27/11 11:38 am - WA
lap bands are great and easy to recover from.  Glad you are doing so well.  It was really great that your doc was able to do it lap and fix the hernia...
Most Active