Not Losing As Per Usual

Eleanore Davis
on 6/23/11 1:47 am - Penn Hills, PA

I had a revision the day after Mother's Day.  I have been unable to eat much of anything since that revision but low and behold my body is doing it's usual thing... NOT losing a pound!  How can you NOT eat much of anything and still NOT LOSE a LB? 

Forever discouraged... SIGH!

randy S.
on 6/23/11 2:59 am - brooklyn, NY
Hey chin up. There r plenty of pple on the board to helpp you. What did u revise to?
Eleanore Davis
on 6/23/11 4:16 am - Penn Hills, PA
I had RNY back in 2003 and the doctor just put my insides back to where they were during the original surgery... so I have "restriction" again and NO malabsorption.  Meanwhile since I had the revision I have been able to eat VERY LITTLE successfully.  In fact I am still eating "soft foods"... If I get too adventuresome with the food I throw it up.  But meanwhile I am eating VERY LITTLE and losing NOTHING.  I am so tired that I have not exercised either... I can't seem to get up to do it.  All I do is go to work and go back home and fall in the bed I am so tired.  I was 268 lbs on the day I had the revision 5/9/2011 and I weighed myself yesterday and I am 252.  Not losing... it has been OVER a month and I have NOT lost any weight.  I never feel good anymore... ever.  Like yesterday my stomach felt so bad that I ate next to nothing.  In fact I only feel good when I drink and do not eat at all.
randy S.
on 6/23/11 4:25 am - brooklyn, NY
Eleanore please have your bloods checked. It sounds like low iron and b12 levels and it doesnt sound like your drinking enough.
Please get checked out. Things can go badly if we don****ch our b12 and iron levels. You can stll be malnourished and weigh in the 200's.
Good luck and GOD BLESS
Eleanore Davis
on 6/23/11 6:38 am - Penn Hills, PA
I feel like I need more than my blood levels checked!  I don't know what to do about this situation.  I keep hoping that one thing would work out right for me... Just one thing!  I as a slow loser before and I guess even SLOWER now... but when I was a slow loser before I ate plenty.  I can't even not eat and lose weight.  Well, If I could get myself together and find some energy from somewhere may be I will be able to exercise and really feel better.
Ladytazz
on 6/23/11 7:07 am
 You just may be eating too little.  Are you getting in your protein?  Try adding a protein shake or two and see if that doesn't help. 
How is your fluid intake?  Make sure you are getting enough in, at least 64 oz.  If you still don't feel better you should see your surgeon.  You are still early out so it isn't unusual to still run down but not that much.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Hislady
on 6/23/11 9:30 am - Vancouver, WA
You might try keeping track of what you are eating for a week or so and see how many calories you are actually getting. If you are eating softer foods they tend to have more calories than solid protein. So while you may not be eating alot, it may have lots of calories. Good luck to you!
Eleanore Davis
on 6/28/11 5:41 am - Penn Hills, PA
I am not getting too many calories if I am NOT eating at all hardly!  Today so far I had a small cup of chicken soup.  Coffee and plenty of water.  Whenever I eat ANYTHING... even the soup sometimes I throw that up.  I only feel good when I just drink protein drinks... eat protein bars and water. 
Most Active