Severe Vomiting/Nausea with RNY........

native2u
on 6/21/11 2:04 am, edited 6/21/11 2:20 am - Merritt Island, FL
I'm hoping that there is someone out there, that can relate to what I'm going through. I'm having a very hard time with this.

I'm at wits end with my Nausea & Vomiting for 9 months now. A little history about me.....I had WLS on March 10, 2009 (RNY) and went from 238lbs (day of surgery) to now 120lbs (and fighting to maintain). I've been as low as 116lbs. Almost everything that I "try" to eat, I puke, that is about 99% of everything that I put into my mouth, including WATER. 

I've had so many tests/procedures and they all come back "normal". I'm being seen at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, and I even have them stumped.

I would love to post my story, but I can't get it to "paste" to this post. If someone knows how to do that, please tell me how. It has everything that has happened/been done to me in it and will shed light on the whole picture.

MsBatt
on 6/21/11 12:42 pm
What happens when you try to paste here? It should bring up a little menu where you can click on 'paste', then a window will appear. I know it tells you to do something using Ctrl+V,but just do the usual right-click and it will work just fine. At least it does for me.

Ladytazz
on 6/21/11 2:39 pm
 Have they suggested a reversal or a revision?  I think it may be time to throw in the towel.  If they can't find a reason for your problems and you didn't have them before your surgery then obviously it is WLS related.  Maybe you can get a VSG?  That may solve your problems and help you maintain your weight.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

airbender
on 6/21/11 10:26 pm
i have read stories like you so many times, there are a few on the ds board if you would like to post on there.  nausea and vomiting for any length of time make you feel like you have lost all sense of normalcy.  I vomited everyday at least once and nausea for over 6 months non stop, I had lost it, my life was reduced to running to the bathroom to barf, i thought i would never be normal again, your whole life revolves around this mess,  I eventually had a revision to my primary wls, from the 1st day post op the nausea and vomiting were gone, never to return....
native2u
on 6/21/11 11:39 pm - Merritt Island, FL
On June 22, 2011 at 5:26 AM Pacific Time, airbender wrote:
i have read stories like you so many times, there are a few on the ds board if you would like to post on there.  nausea and vomiting for any length of time make you feel like you have lost all sense of normalcy.  I vomited everyday at least once and nausea for over 6 months non stop, I had lost it, my life was reduced to running to the bathroom to barf, i thought i would never be normal again, your whole life revolves around this mess,  I eventually had a revision to my primary wls, from the 1st day post op the nausea and vomiting were gone, never to return....
Airbender......

Is another board where people post "issues" like mine, if so, where?

I don't understand what you meant by  "I eventually had a revision to my primary wls, from the 1st day post op the nausea and vomiting were gone"........what does this mean? What WLS did you have done first and what did you end up with?

I also feel that my life revolves around my bathroom. I'm getting to where I don't like eating out (I've always loved this), cause that means I have to run to the bathroom multiple times (very embarassing for me).

Bottom line is this......I'm NOT a quitter and I'm not giving up, I'm a very strong person. I've gone through my life fat and unhappy and now that I've found happeness I'm not going to let it go....PERIOD!  I will ONLY consider a reversal "if" it is a life or death situation, and right now, it's not. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/11 1:41 am
On June 22, 2011 at 6:39 AM Pacific Time, native2u wrote:
On June 22, 2011 at 5:26 AM Pacific Time, airbender wrote:
Airbender......

Is another board where people post "issues" like mine, if so, where?

I don't understand what you meant by  "I eventually had a revision to my primary wls, from the 1st day post op the nausea and vomiting were gone"........what does this mean? What WLS did you have done first and what did you end up with?

I also feel that my life revolves around my bathroom. I'm getting to where I don't like eating out (I've always loved this), cause that means I have to run to the bathroom multiple times (very embarassing for me).

Bottom line is this......I'm NOT a quitter and I'm not giving up, I'm a very strong person. I've gone through my life fat and unhappy and now that I've found happeness I'm not going to let it go....PERIOD!  I will ONLY consider a reversal "if" it is a life or death situation, and right now, it's not. 
Hey there. I believe you are the one I met through facebook and suggested you post your situation here.

I had a lot of issues with my primary surgery, including daily nausea/vomiting. The bottom  line is that if your tests have all come back saying, "normal anatomy," then it is the surgery itself that is causing your problems. Remember it's only normal anatomy for a RNY, but it is not normal. The only way to solve this is with  a reversal. If you don't think it's worth the risk, then you will have to learn how to deal with your nausea/vommiting, because it will not go away. It may not be life or death now, but you will likely become extremely malnourished over time, and then it may be life or death.

Whatever you decide on, I hope it works out for you.
airbender
on 6/22/11 10:33 am
I am a revision patient got rid of my pouch revised to DS, since the revision i have not had one day of vomiting or nausea, i am very grateful,  my life was just a form of insanity, and i thought tomorrow i would just get through another day, just one more, they never ended, until one day i said enough is enough, i had developed a maladaptive eating disorder, i was eating like a crazy person, there is no way my body was not malnourished, it was only time,  i am not implying you are a quitter quite the opposite i know that mess, that feeling of helplessness, they you feel like you are going to lose your freaking mind.  as a MO person i would not suggest a reversal but a revision, they are mutually exclusive.....i wish you health to get over your vomiting and nausea......
native2u
on 6/22/11 11:10 am - Merritt Island, FL
Airbender.....

I just sent you a PM.
Most Active