Revision due to bleeding ulcers

durhamdj
on 6/20/11 1:27 pm - Grove City, OH
Has anyone ever had to have a revision due to ulcers?  I had my original surgery in July of 2007 and in October of 2010 I woke up one day and had to go to the bathroom and when I got up the whole toilet was full of blood.  My husband took me to the hospital and I had to have 2 bags of blood and spent 3 days in ICU and 2 days out on the floor and then had no problems until last week and I was going into the dentist office and felt sick to my stomach and got sick as I was walking into the office and it was all blood.  I got in the office and went to the restroom and got sick again and it was all blood so they called the squad and back to the hospital I went.  Two more bags of blood and 3 days in the hospital and the gastro guy that was on call told me that he felt that I definitely needed to see the surgeon and that he advised that I have a revision or this was going to keep happening.  I am scared to death because I have not heard anything good about this.  Does anyone know anyone that has had to have this done to health issues?  I had this done to feel better.
BigGurlX
on 6/25/11 7:43 am - Buffalo, NY
What Surgery did you have?

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

durhamdj
on 6/25/11 10:18 am - Grove City, OH
Gastric Bypass with the 6 small incisions
Most Active