Surgery Thursday - BOB (Band over Bypass)

heathercross
on 6/18/11 11:23 pm - New York, NY

Thursday cannot come soon enough!  The first week of liquids was not tough but the last 48 hours has kicked my ass!  Plus I've been insanely dizzy and faint.    And while I had been constipated the entire 1st week, I have now had diarrhea for 2 straight days. The only positive in this phase is the 10+ lbs I have lost in a little over a week.

My surgery is schedule for 5pm on Thursday. My mom will be coming up to NYC at about 12nn on Thursday and plans to stay a day or so. More so to help with my 2 big 50lb and 75lb dogs. I don’t think the recovery will be bad, I mean it’s a lap band but one never knows. She is also planning on repairing my hernia at the same time. Last time, in 2002, my open RNY kicked my ass and I was in the hospital for 6 days. I hope this recovery is different, better. I plan on going back to work Monday. I work from home so I don’t think this will be much of a problem.

Holly O.
on 6/19/11 12:12 pm - FL
 You will do great!!  I am 4 days post op and I feel great and so happy it is behind me now!!  Keep us posted, o.k.  -Holly  Good Luck!!
   Holly                                      
SamyM
on 7/1/11 4:55 pm
Hi, I just had the BOB last monday. I'm so glad I did it. I feel so different from the original bypass. Of course we haven't had any fills yet. For me its about 5 weeks away and I understand one needs to have a few adjustments to the band before we really feel the benefits.

How do you feel? You getting throught the fludis ok? I'm doing ok, my mind wants to eat something, but my body says no. So different from the bypass!

Love to know how you are doing. Congrats!1

Samy

louisec
on 6/19/11 2:16 pm - Orange County, CA
Sooooo happy for you. I also work from home and was unable to work till Monday following a Wed surgery date...maybe a factor was the 4th surgery in 6 months....but the gas was a killer!!!! Take it easy and lay low with the remote control!!!
hugs & kisses your BOB sister.
Louise
"that's what she said................"
Micheal G. Scott
MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 6/20/11 1:56 am - CT

Best wishes Heather!!!  I hope you keep posting your progress!

cgg
on 6/20/11 11:41 pm
Good Luck!  I am scheduled for 10/24.  Had Gastric six years ago.  Did great lost 120lbs, but put back about 80 now.  Has endoscopy last month and told stoma too large. Dr recommends BOB.I am still researching this so any insight you could give me would be great!  Discouraging because I still live by all the rules!! Dr says this will work but will take longer to lose and probably wont get back to my lowest.  I'm ok with that just want to get as much off and be able to stay there! I wish you all the best and look foward to hearing about your next journey!
heathercross
on 6/21/11 11:08 am - New York, NY
Hey there...For me, I dont live by all the rules anymore.  I did for a very long time.  For the most part, I dont eat really bad but my issue now, as it was pre-RNY. is volume. I can eat a lot.  Plus, after the bulging disk in 2009, I dont exercise like I used too.

I havent updated as much this time around, but, I still do update so please check out my page, Ill add youa s a friend and you can see the updates.

Good luck to you too!
Nannette
on 6/21/11 5:04 am - Toms River, NJ
Good Luck Heather -- keep me posted on how you are doing -- as you know, I am very interested!

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

heathercross
on 6/21/11 11:02 am - New York, NY
Hey Nanette:

For sure, will post when I return home on Friday.  Maybe between now and then too!

Heather
Most Active