2 Revisions

lillifter35
on 6/17/11 2:37 am - NY

Hello all,
     Gotta question. February 2006 I had the lapband surgery. It was good I lost 100 +lbs. I kept getting the band tightened to prevent me from eating certain foods. I know I know very bad on my part. Last july I went for revision and had the sleeve done. Although my stomach is smaller and i eat less I still blew up like a balloon.  I'm sure it's because I can anything. My question being is it possible to get another band put in? The realize band. I would definitely have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on if it's possible and a good place. Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/11 3:49 am
On June 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM Pacific Time, lillifter35 wrote:

Hello all,
     Gotta question. February 2006 I had the lapband surgery. It was good I lost 100 +lbs. I kept getting the band tightened to prevent me from eating certain foods. I know I know very bad on my part. Last july I went for revision and had the sleeve done. Although my stomach is smaller and i eat less I still blew up like a balloon.  I'm sure it's because I can anything. My question being is it possible to get another band put in? The realize band. I would definitely have to pay for it myself. Any thoughts on if it's possible and a good place. Thanks

Did you have a sleeve gastrectomy or plication?

the sleeve gastrectomy is the restrictive component of the duodenal switch. Due to your regain issues you likely need the malabsorbtion part of the ds.  www.dsfacts.com

There is also a ds forum here www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/
Zee Starrlite
on 6/17/11 6:47 am
Sweet Jesus!  Enough with restriction with you.  Go with part 2 of the sleeve - the duodenal switch.

What was wrong with your first band?  Why would you want to risk another on such a small amount of stomach tissue.  Do you want not to eat anything at all???

How about accountability?  Jot down every single little thing you put in your mouth?  How many calories?  Are you exercising?

I'm pretty snotty because I think you are a troll.  Forgive me if you are not.

Good Luck!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

acbbrown
on 6/17/11 12:54 pm - Granada Hills, CA
That was what I thought when I read this - troll.

If it's not, oops. But if this person is determined to eat whatever they want, surgery is clearly not the answer.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

pandavenise
on 6/19/11 1:44 pm
 I hate to sound stupid but what is a troll
MsBatt
on 6/20/11 1:01 pm
A troll is someone who posts for no other purpose than to stir up ****
Hislady
on 6/17/11 8:56 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't even want the band I have cause it's worthless. You can have mine if ya want!
airbender
on 6/17/11 9:07 pm

you are a band to vsg and you want another band?  I would suggest posting on the DS board, adding the intestinal bypass to your vsg could help you.  if you get another band then the same issues with the first one will be there.....

Duck_Girl
on 6/27/11 9:57 am
I have the realize band you can have mine for free when they rip the damn thing outta me in 14 days!

Gidget C.
on 7/3/11 2:37 am - Zebulon, NC
I'm with you Duck Girl. I'm trying my damnedest to get rid of my Realize band as well. Calling my surgeon this week to get back in the program for my revision to RNY now that I have the money for it. Let me know how it goes for you.

Most Active