3 Days Out from lapband revision to the RNY!!

Holly O.
on 6/18/11 12:11 am - FL
 I'm feeling really good.  Not taking any more pain meds.........doing fine on my own.  I walked to the post box and back....10 min. each way..........no problem.  So now I'm sipping on my yummy protein shake!!  No nauseau..........no throwing up.  I think   I had my mind made up that I would be really ill!!  To my surprise the surgery wasn't that bad at all compared to the lapband surgery  I had 5 yrs. ago.  So happy they took that thing out.  I am band-free and loving it!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
sunshine54
on 6/18/11 6:20 am - CA
RNY on 11/22/16
Holly so glad to hear you are doing so well!!! Very excited to watch your new Journey! Heal Well!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

It's never To Late To Be Who You might have been ! 
George Eliot 

[url=http://lilyslim.com][img]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/eNSTm8.png[/img][/url]

Band to DS
on 6/18/11 6:30 am, edited 2/4/12 3:46 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Hislady
on 6/18/11 8:53 am - Vancouver, WA
So glad it's going so well for you! That's the way it should be for everyone that has to revise since they've already gone thru hell with the band!
Holly O.
on 6/18/11 10:31 pm - FL
I agree.........I feel so relieved now that the band is gone. Wierd when the doc showed me the pics ofthe removal of the lapband........it looked like theband was attaching itself to my liver!  So glad it is over........I have had twinges of pain but nothing likethe lapband surgery!!  I am so so happy!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
Nic M
on 6/19/11 1:44 am
It could have been! Adhesions are such bastages!

After my band removal, I was ready to go out dancing! 
Glad to hear you're doing well! 

Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Duck_Girl
on 6/22/11 9:28 am
Congratulations! Thats awesome. I just received my revision surgery date today from band to RNY as well hope it goes that smooth ;) 

jen23
on 7/1/11 3:51 am - Virginia, MN
Duck Girl you have the same surgery as me, one day before me...let me know how it goes for you! 
imaneed2lose
on 7/5/11 5:35 am
I went from lap band to gastric bypass - no complications and best experience ever!
Most Active