Everyone-please read this post--asking for help

Teresa D.
on 6/12/11 3:18 am - Peachland, NC
Hi all:

I have developed a medical condition and I am looking to see if others have had the same issue.

I am 18 months post op. About 6 months ago I started to develop very serious headaches. I have had all the necessary procedures done like a cat scan. Now I am going to a neurologist. She is having me keep a headache diary. Someone at my job mentioned that this started after my weight loss surgery. These headaches are actually starting to affect my job as it inhibits my ability to retain information. This person stated that perhaps my body was lacking something. My neurologist added magnesium and CoQ10 to the list of vitamins that I already take.

Have any of you guys had the same situation? Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks very much!
Teresa D.    
media604
on 6/14/11 1:22 pm - GA
Could be alot of things, even tension headaches like I have which are chronic and originally thought to be migraines but they are not.

My first thought goes to water since you are a wls patient. Are you drinking loads of water? I am told ongoing partial dehydration can cause headaches especially if you are also taking in caffeine during the day. How about your blood pressure? Have you checked it off and on throughout the day? I don't have high blood pressure but when mine goes up some I usually have a headache. Also strenuos exercise helps...l mean the type where you are really panting for breath for 30 minutes.

Perhaps post over on the vsg board and you will probably get lots of responses. There are a lot of folks over there that know alot about medical issues.

Best of luck and let me say this also. I was on loads of different migraine meds from various doctors when I finally had a internal medicine doctor say, "it's not migraines, it's classic and chronic tension headaches, hard to fight but have you tried Panlor ss? " I'm like yeah right, because you know by then I had tried so much. It's been around since the 50s he said and was specifically made to target tension headaches. It has the tiniest little bit of the lowest tier of codeine in it,,,,no side effects at all for me and not addictive for me, but let me tell you what girl! I was on the headache of the year, a 4 -5 dayer and within 45 minutes I was 100% pain free and no side effects. I would not have believed it. Now when my headaches come back I can just break 1 in half and it usually does the job. Amazing! It's available in a generic. Ask you doctor. Neurologist are usually it seems to me looking to do more complicated things and medications like beta blockers, etc.....could be just tension. It was for me. Best of luck.
Leigh
Teresa D.
on 6/14/11 3:30 pm - Peachland, NC
Thank you Leigh for responding. 

The headaches I have are really crazy.  They target the front of my face, which at first thoughts
was sinus so I went to a EENT doctor.  All was good.  Then went to a neurologist (1st one) he said I was allergic to caffeine.  So I went off caffeine.  Still had headaches.  Going to a different one now.  My BP is usu all low.  I am drinking all the time.  Either coffee or my water.  When I have one of these headaches, it literally affects my ability to think.  I can't retain information.  Have been in a meeting at work, and ask a question, then someone would say, we just said that Teresa.  So this is when I started to get really concerned.  I will ask the doc about panlor.  Thanks again.   
Teresa D.    
Amalia S.
on 6/14/11 8:58 pm - Athens, Greece
Teresa, I've suffered from chronic migraines all my life. At 17 I was dx'd with MS. They tell me that one has nothing to do with the other. Still, I suffer from the migraines. I went to many neurologists with this and I've tried everything from pills to acupuncture. The best I can do is control it somewhat with pain relievers. See what works  best for you.

Over 110 lbs lost!! (Finally!)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/almost/   
smileyjamie72
on 6/15/11 3:55 am, edited 6/15/11 3:55 am - Palmer, AK

If you are concerned about labs and vitamin levels.... I would honestly contact VitaLady, Michelle is such a WEALTH of information, she would be able to give you some advice as well.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/vitalady/

You should contact her, she is GREAT!!!!!!

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active