from lapband to gastric

rosepatty62
on 6/11/11 6:29 am
Hi all!  I am new here and have been approved for Revision from lapband to Gastic on July 5th.  I lost around 70 total gained back 20, currently weight 305 from 356 back in Oct. 2006.  What should I expect.  I haven't been very successful with the band and hope this will take the weight off.  I would appreciate any advice:)
Thanks!
Patty
terilynn112
on 6/11/11 8:19 am - maryland, NY
I'm assuming that by gastric you mean gastric bypass, or RNY. I'm a band to rny revision, and LOVE life with the bypass. Life is so much easier. No can I eat that today, I ate it yesterday. The weight has actually pretty consistantly gone down instead of up. My sugar is gone. My boarderline high blood pressure is now on the low side. My sleep apnea, is gone. I am enjoying life.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Chastyty
on 6/11/11 10:21 pm - RI
Hello!  I had lapband June,2009 I lost a total pre/post op 20 pounds. II was getting sick with the band and only gaining weight rather than losing.  I then decided to have a revision and opted for the bypass.  I had my surgery on Tuesday, June 7, 2011.  Everything went Great!  I got discharged on Thursday and everyday has been a better day.  I actually feel the recovery better this time around than I did when I had the band placed. I have been walking as my doctor indicated and that has helped. I have not weighed in yet, it is still to premature, but I can def. feel the difference!.
Most Active