Anyone have the ROSE procedure after RNY?

kkandrod
on 6/11/11 8:17 am
I'm scheduled for POSE on the 21st and can't find many that have had it so someone suggested I try talking to the ones here that have revised with the ROSE procedure after RNY.  I'd love to hear your experiences with the surgery, recovery, good things, bad things...all of it, LOL.  Thanks in advance!

Krystal
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 11:52 am
On June 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM Pacific Time, kkandrod wrote:
I'm scheduled for POSE on the 21st and can't find many that have had it so someone suggested I try talking to the ones here that have revised with the ROSE procedure after RNY.  I'd love to hear your experiences with the surgery, recovery, good things, bad things...all of it, LOL.  Thanks in advance!

Krystal
I have seen many posts from those who have had this procedure. I have never seen someone succeed with it, and they all say it was a waste of money.

If you do not feel satiety and have regained, revision to the duodenal switch will correct this.www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch-safe-op eration.pdf

www.dsfacts.com/

kkandrod
on 6/11/11 12:08 pm
I haven't had anything done yet.  I'm having the POSE, not the ROSE.  Same surgery except as a primary, not a revision.  And with 12-17 anchors.  I don't know if that would make a difference for me versus someone *****vised.  Just curious to hear from those who have had it because I can't find a message board for the actual POSE procedure.  Thanks for the info!

Krystal
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 12:11 pm
On June 11, 2011 at 7:08 PM Pacific Time, kkandrod wrote:
I haven't had anything done yet.  I'm having the POSE, not the ROSE.  Same surgery except as a primary, not a revision.  And with 12-17 anchors.  I don't know if that would make a difference for me versus someone *****vised.  Just curious to hear from those who have had it because I can't find a message board for the actual POSE procedure.  Thanks for the info!

Krystal
Is this the sleeve plication where they do some sort of stomach folding with no incision
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 12:24 pm
On June 11, 2011 at 7:08 PM Pacific Time, kkandrod wrote:

Krystal
I looked this up and it is the plication. THis surgery is so new, and there is no long tem data on it. I have only seen one post oper with this surgery, and she couldn't lose much, and she is now seeking a revision to the duodenal switch (DS).

There are already surgeries that have been proven to be safe and effective. Some more effective than others. Unfortunately there are greedy surgeons who seem to be on some sort of search for the holy grail of weight loss surgery; a procedure that is the safest and effective. The notion that you can somehow fold the stomach and produce a restrictive surgery that will be safe and effective is pure fantasy.

Please research the other options, particularly the duodenal switch. It has been proven by medical research to be the most effective weight loss surgery www.dsfacts.com
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 11:32 am, edited 6/12/11 11:32 am - Bayonne, NJ
In the short term, it's not looking great. It hasn't worked as a fix for RNY patients, and really doesn't offer much for the virgin stomach.

Have you looked into the vertical gastric sleeve? It's restrictive, makes the stomach smaller, and gets rid of a large portion of the hunger hormone, ghrelin.

Edit: I've been following this board, the RNY board, and the main board for years. The ROSE and Stomaphyx didn't work for ANY of the revision patients who posted. Some just stopped posting after it failed, others continued and talk about other revision options. The only people who ever posted glowing reports were shill accounts that were eventually linked to the office staff of one particular quack.

In reading back through all the threads, it was the same thing - they would lose weight on the liquid diet, about 25 lbs, and then put it back on as soon as they returned to solid foods. Many talked about it being an easy recovery, although some said they had severe sore throat issues for weeks after.  All of them said it was a waste of money and insurance didn't cover it.

teachmid
on 6/12/11 11:55 pm - OKC, OK
It doesn't work!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active