Day 2 of Liquids pre-BOB (6/23)

heathercross
on 6/10/11 12:24 am - New York, NY
As many of you know, I am having a BOB (Band over Bypass) on June 23rd. Yesterday I started my pre-op 2 week liquid diet.  It wasn't as hard as I anticipated.  And unless my scale is lying to me, I'm already down 2lbs. Wasn't so hard but I did have a panel event last night with Wine & Cheese and I almost ate the whole chunk of Brie. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:     Muscle Milk  (light) - Chocolate
Snack:           SF Jello
Lunch:          Progesso WW Light Soup - SW Vegetable
Snack:           Jello
Snack:           Carnation Instant Breakfast - Chocolate
Dinner:         Muscle Milk - Choc
Snack:         2 SF Fruit Popsicles

My medi-fast soups shouls arrive today and I've enjoyed the combonations of various shakes (muscle milk, Carnation, Slim Fast, Atkins, etc).  BUT, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET THROUGH THIS.  13 DAYS TO GO!

My back story:
I had a RNY in 2002 and was fairly successful for the 1st 6 years, having lost 130 lbs, but, in the last 3 yrs, I've put half back on half the weight (going from 305 - 175 - back to 246.6).  In February, I had an endoscopy and a ct scan and it showed a VERY enlarged pouch and also a fistula (my staple line is a V). Additionally, I have a hernia.  So, instead of getting a revision, I've opted for the band.  BOBsters seem to be very successful with the Band, maybe its something to do with all our excess scar tissue, dunno!
Most Active