I really need a revision - I'm miserable

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 11:36 pm
The bands don't work. Your story is fairly common. Why not get it right the second time with the DS? www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch-safe-op eration.pdf

www.dsfacts.com
heathercross
on 6/10/11 12:51 am, edited 6/10/11 12:51 am - New York, NY
Ya now, all I see is you posting on EVERYONEs page that bands dont work. How about a little support instead of such negativity!  I mean, seriously.  You DS-ers seem to be a vapid bunch!

For every failed Band, there is a success story. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/11 3:05 am
On June 10, 2011 at 7:51 AM Pacific Time, heathercross wrote:
Ya now, all I see is you posting on EVERYONEs page that bands dont work. How about a little support instead of such negativity!  I mean, seriously.  You DS-ers seem to be a vapid bunch!

For every failed Band, there is a success story. 
My comment was in support of someone who is suffering due to a failed band. This is the revisions forum after all...Now if I went on the band forum and started a thread titled, "the bands dont work," then you would have something to say to me.
heathercross
on 6/10/11 4:50 am - New York, NY
"The bands don't work. Your story is fairly common"....

But this is the revision board and YES they "appear" to work for people as a 2nd surgery.  There is a reason, after all, that DS isnt approved by a lot of insurance companies.  Dont generalize, thats all Im saying.  Offer more than 2 sentances of "they dont work".  Thats B-****
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/11 5:16 am - San Jose, CA
"For every failed Band, there is a success story."

Talk about unsubstantiated generalizations!!  IF ONLY the band worked 50% of the time - IT DOESN'T!

The success rate of the band is so low, and the long term complications so high, especially as compared to other WLS, I believe it should be considered medical malpractice to put them in.
heathercross
on 6/10/11 5:21 am - New York, NY
Ahhhh, another DS person.  What should be malpractice is doctors who are doing WLS, band, DS, etc after only a weekend of instruction at some seminar.  Not true surgeons. 
terilynn112
on 6/11/11 8:24 am - maryland, NY
Heather my dear, You're fighting a loosing battle. Those DS junkies are like the pushiest of drug dealers.... It's like they get money for pushing it on us. I absolutely closed my mind to that possibility when i was looking into the band, in the first place, then the RNY. It didn't help my insurance absolutely wouldn't do it. But their pushiness is 1000000000% to much! You'll get a lot of nasty pm's etc, about this.... as will I once again!

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 9:30 am - San Jose, CA
We'll see what tune you sing if your RNY fails you too.

You didn't try to get your insurance to cover the DS - so you don't know whether they would cover it or not - almost every one of them that SAY they don't cover it HAVE to cover it when they lose on appeal - and they almost always do.

On the other hand, your closed mind is likely not suited to a DS anyway.

As for nasty PMs, I don't think so - it is much more fun to point out your critical thinking flaws right here in public.
heathercross
on 6/15/11 2:14 am - New York, NY

Hey Terri Lynn:

Yes, the DSers are the worst and they assume that DS is for everyone.  If they knew a little more about the surgery, i.e. from the surgeon's POV, they'd know that a DS from an open RNY is difficult to say the least.  And the complication and leak rate is rather high.  It can be done but not exactly safe.  The band for a compliant, RNY patient who knows what the work entails and is dedicated is the best bang for the buck. 

Most Active