How do I survive this 2 wk Liquid Diet - Starts Thursday

heathercross
on 6/6/11 10:46 pm - New York, NY
Holly Hell!  How am I going to be able to survive 2 weeks of liquids starting Thursday.  My Band over Bypass (BOB) is scheduled for Thursday, June 23rd and while I don't fear the surgery, I do fear the liquids.  And, when you think that I have to drink Liquids for the 1st 10 days after surgery as well, that is no real food till July 3rd (24 days, 3+ weeks).  I think it would all be OK if I could have a glass of wine, but, I know this process is to de-fat the liver and make the organs smaller. I hear the first 3 days are the worse and I have warned my employees that I will be a ***** to be around by 5pm Thursday (I'm an event planner with a wine & cheese event Thursday night). 

Suggestions?
Tips?
Sympathy?

I'm thinking of just sleeping for 2 full weeks! LOL!
smileyjamie72
on 6/7/11 6:46 am - Palmer, AK

I second the sleeping!!!!!

For me, I would come here, and whine/vent, and try and think WHY you have to do this little thing.... In the scheme of things, it will be such a small thing..... 

Drink some wine Thursday.... then, when you get home, drink more.... hey that's liquid!!!!!

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

heathercross
on 6/7/11 9:37 pm - New York, NY
No wine! Lol, had some last night. Last glass till July 4th. Boy, will it be good.
louisec
on 6/7/11 4:00 pm, edited 6/7/11 4:05 pm - Orange County, CA
Hello, i just my BOB last week weds, I bought some Medifast soups to get me thru the 2 week per-op. They are feeaking awesome...but a little costly. It is well worth it. I acually going to keep using the soups...14 grams of protien for an 8oz soup. I lost 20lbs pre-op just doing these soups. The protien really helps reduce hunger because it is so high.
Good luck with your liquid diet and best wishes for a smooth recovery.
Louise
"that's what she said................"
Micheal G. Scott
heathercross
on 6/7/11 9:39 pm - New York, NY
Hey Louise, thanks. I live in NYC so nothing is really Pricey too me. Are they available online? Any ones that are better than the others? recommendations, please?
louisec
on 6/8/11 12:53 am - Orange County, CA
You can either go to their website or look on ebay. If on ebay...make sure to see the exp dates. Otherwise the Medifast website is good (and with your first order te give you the "shaker jar" to mix your soups). They sometimes have locations in different cities. I buy the cream of chicken, chicken noodle and cream of tomato (excellent with extra pepper, otherwise bland). The weird thing is, you have to mix them while they are room temperature before they go in the microwave or it will be clumpy. Like I said they actually helped my weight loss more than if I did straight liquids. I now prefer them post op, because of the high protein. Anyways..feel free to contact me directly and we can text. Best of luck!!
Louise
"that's what she said................"
Micheal G. Scott
heathercross
on 6/8/11 1:53 am - New York, NY
Hey Louise, I am on their site now, cheaper on ebay, going to buy 1 packet of each of your 3 selections.  Would love to text. Here is my info....Heather 917.921.8386.
Most Active