Band reposition with plication?

soulsister
on 5/31/11 3:01 am - NY
I saw a new surgeon today since I have had problems w my band. My original surgeon moved out of state. This new one is very experienced and has trained a year with( Geist?) In nyc for a year. He has done over a thousand lap bands some being with plication.

He seems to think my band is not in the right position and that is why I am having issues. He said that the band with plication (stomach would be the size of a sleeved one) would have great results. He seemed very confident that this would be the way to go.

If he goes in and sees that the band is in the right place then he would remove band and I would go back in 6 wks for the sleeve. He doesn't want to take any chances of a leak due to scar tissue with the sleeve.

Has anyone had this done?
_rebecca
on 5/31/11 11:21 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
I had a band to sleeve revision and I absolutely LOVE the sleeve.  I had every complication possible with the band.  The sleeve has been an amazing success for me.  The only reservation I have with the plication is that it doesn't cut out the part of the stomach that produces most of the ghrelin.  I really feel the ghrelin reducation along with the great restriction is what has made me lose so much with the sleeve.  You may want to think about the fact that bands usually do not last forever and you will probably have to have yet another surgery down the road to fix/ remove it (especially if you have already had issues).  I wish you the best with your decision!
Holly O.
on 5/31/11 10:58 pm - Bradenton, FL
I agree with the post above, I was told the same thing.............I won't do anything with a band, in 2 weeks I am having mine removed and converting to the RNY.  The band and I have lived together 4 1/2 yrs. and I'm heavier than ever.  Just want it out.............very soon, June 15 I can say goodbye!!

Most Active