Revision from lap band to RNY

terilynn112
on 5/31/11 5:46 am - maryland, NY
Im a band to RNY revision. In 4 months I lost59 pounds. Currently in a stall, but am up to 65 pounds, and still have 11 more days to that date that I count it as a loss. I love my RNY!

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Holly O.
on 5/31/11 7:05 am - FL
Awesome Teri!!  I am getting ready............2 weeks away to get this lapband removed and having the switch to RNY.  Can't wait!!  Finished my EKG and Chest X-Ray...........mydr. is faxing everything to my surgeon.  Tomorrow I meet with my nutritionist!!  That should be interesting! Then I seemy surgeon for my pre-op on Friday!!  Busy week!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
dustysheba
on 6/6/11 2:08 pm
HI Teri,
I got my band in Sept. 2010 and have only lose 20 pounds, not what I expected at all. I have only had three fills so far and they said thats it for me as another fill will be way to tight and not good for me. So my doctor has recommended the gastric bypass , this is what I was supposed to get to begin with but I got scared and went with the band. Now he has sent in the letter to my insurance for a revision to gastric bypass and says it should be approved no problem. I have not had alot of problems with the band at all I am just not losing the weight. I am still scared of the gastric bypass but I feel like this is my last option since he recommends I do this and not the sleeve. Since it hasnt been that long for me I dont have to take all the test again which is good. I am really nervouse about the surgery any suggestions.
kkaymathis
on 6/1/11 1:17 am - College Station, TX
This is very similar to what I went through before I had my revision. I had to be hospitalized twice due to the band causing swelling inside my esophagus. I couldn't even breath without a machine let alone eat. I had RNY and I have lost 64 lbs since December. I am able to eat but only small amounts. The training my band gave me about portion size has substantially helped. Good luck in your journey.
If you want to be happy for life, love what you do.
Mary Higgins Clark

msiris
on 6/6/11 4:41 pm - St Joseph, MO
I am about to start my revision journey. I found a surgeon that want an up front fee of $350.  I am willing to pay at this point. Wish me luck!
Iris D
Most Active