How long to wait between surgeries for revision?

Ladytazz
on 5/30/11 8:57 am
 The big issue is whether or not insurance will pay at this point and if not will you self pay?  If you are planning on self paying then I don't see why you couldn't get it done as soon as you find a surgeon that is willing to perform a revision.  That may be an issue, too.  Your BMI is probably high enough but that may not be enough for insurance to pay.
I personally think  you should give it some more time but I can understand your feeling like the VSG wasn't your best choice and wanting to get into a surgery that may be better suited for  you.
I would agree with the others, though.  Since you have a sleeve anyway you are half way to a DS and you might as well go the whole way.  If you have a RNY and you aren't happy with it you will find it much harder to have a revision to a DS.  Since it seems like a restrictive only surgery  isn't giving you the results you want you probably need the malabsorption, too.
Have you found a surgeon yet who will do the revision?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/11 9:03 am - Underwood, ND
I've done a bit of checking on where to even get it done because DS is not done in my state.  Phone calls and such have been made, waiting for responses.  There is also someone on here that responded to me with surgeons in MN (which is where I could go) that are very good.  So I will be calling some there tomorrow and asking some questions.  Thanks!
USAF Wife
on 5/30/11 10:40 pm
Without complications or mechanical failure, most insurance companies require proof that something is "wrong" with the procedure they paid for initially, and require a waiting period. It also depends on how your surgeon submits it to the insurance company.

I'm with everyone else that DS would be the only malabsorptive procedure I'd revise to if I had not had optimal results with VSG alone.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active