Recommendation for a Therapist in NYC (Manhattan Specifically)

heathercross
on 5/31/11 1:57 am, edited 5/31/11 2:00 am - New York, NY
When I had the Gastric Bypass almost 9 yrs ago, I have to admit, I didnt fix my head.  I fixed everything else.  And while both I and the surgery failed (pouch is enlarged and I've gained back half my weight), I need to get it right this time. 

On June 23rd Im getting Banded (BOB) and I want to also devote a serious amount of time to my insides as well as my outsides. I am looking for a therapist, male or female, in NYC and would love a recommendation. I have Aetna although Im not sure that really matters.

Heather
[email protected]

Please feel free to also email me direct if you dont want to share with the full board.

8/2002     305lbs
6/2003     175lbs
6/2011     246.6

June 23rd, 2011 -  BOB
Nannette
on 5/31/11 4:21 am - Toms River, NJ
Heather - I remember you well -- we met at an OH event in NYC in June 2004, shortly after my husband died.

I can very well relate to your story -- RNY 6/16/03 at 340lbs, 6/15/06 at 160lbs, 5/31/11 at 226 lbs.  I have attempted to fix my head throughout these years -- to no avail -- can't even figure out what my head is lacking......

However, I am looking at revising to a DS -- I am meeting a pyschologist in Dr Roslin's practice tomorrow -- her name is Dr Donna Rivera.  Perhaps she sees patrients outside of Dr Roslin's practice?  She is on E 76th Street.

Good luck
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

heathercross
on 5/31/11 11:50 am - New York, NY
Nanette, I thought I knew you. I remember that now. Donna did my evaluation when I had surgery in 2002. I know she does she people outside of roslin's office but primarily in Brooklyn and I'm not going to Brooklyn for a weekly appt. I live 5 blks from Lenox Hill. What time you going there tomorrow? Wanna meet for coffee? I work from home.
Nannette
on 6/1/11 11:45 pm - Toms River, NJ
Hi Heather - glad you remember be -- Due to medical reasons, I had to reschedule my appt at Lenox to June 30th!  I may move it sooner, but for now that is when it is postponed till.

Would love to get together for coffee sometime -- would like to pick your brain, and vice versa -- I work right over Penn Station, so if there is anyway you can get down to my neck of the woods durin the day, I would love to meet you before the 30th! 

Let me know.
Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

heathercross
on 6/2/11 12:16 am - New York, NY
Hey. My surgery is the 23rd and I start 2 wks of liquids a week from today.  But, would love to meet for coffee or tea or something.  Let me know what your schedule is like.  I have to be over that way on Tuesday the 7th.  I have a 5pm appt but could meet later int he afternoon if you have flexibility or we could do another time.

here is my email.  email me offline and we will figure something out.

heather
[email protected]
Most Active