United Health Care

nkara
on 5/27/11 9:59 am
eek... I just interviewed for a new job and I might take it... only thing is they have different insurance.  It would be United Health Care of RI.  I won't know if they have an exclusion until I accept the job and review the options.    Gads!     Has anyone had United Health and did you have a hard time revising with them?

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

mallrat
on 5/27/11 11:55 am - St Peters, MO

It does totally depend on your policy.  I have United Healthcare and had no problem getting approval for revision from the lapband to VSG.  Hope if you take the job, that your revision is covered also. 

Hislady
on 5/27/11 1:58 pm - Vancouver, WA
Mallrat is correct it depends on what kind of policy the company decides on. I have UHC and there is an exclusion on my policy. Can you get a copy of their ins. options to review. I would think they would have to let you know your coverage before hiring because that would be an item that would help you decide on taking the job. Good luck!
airbender
on 5/29/11 11:05 am

actually that is not true, ask for the adhesion contract UHP when they offer you the job and before you accept, because it is specific to you personally, others will have different plans, not like yours,  that is what i have done in the past and would not accept a position without that information.....

nkara
on 5/29/11 11:09 am
 Thank you... I will make sure to ask if I'm offered the position. 

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active