HELP! 17 days post-op and HUNGRY!

amberd910
on 5/27/11 6:30 am - CT

I am 17 days out from LapBand to Gastric revision and I came back to work this past Monday. I feel great, besdies the hunger! I mean, I am HUNGRY! It's not head hunger either because once in a while I get that. I am flat out hungry. I know I am over-eating. I eat about 4 oz of food at a time and I am fine for about 3 hours, then bam, the hunger hits me again. I excersise twice a day, appx 1/2 hour each time (walking and rollerblading our trail). I am really trying to get my protein in but I am averaging probably about 25 g a day. I have talked to my dr about the protein thing and he really wants me to bring it up. I called the dr office again today to discuess the hunger and such and they cant see me at the nutritionist until June 15th. I dont see the dr until my 1 month post-op until June 10th.
I am so frustrated as it's been 1 week and the scale has not moved, not an ounce. Ok, well it's moved back and forth, up and down, aon the same lb.

Has anyone gone thru this before or have any advise for me? I am trying so hard and busting my butt working out and nothing is happening. I dont mean to over-eat. I really dont, and thats why I called the dr office today. I dont want to do any damage but I am so hungry.

HELP!

NeeNee1971
on 5/27/11 1:54 pm - FL
I think you need to see your surgeon. You should not be hungry like this. I am a RNY patient. I had my surgery in 2007. I gained weight back after I had my last child and had a revision 2 weeks ago. Your pouch is supposed to let you know when you need to eat. What diet are you on now???? 17 days past you should be only on items the consistency of yogurt with no clumps
Pre Surgery  352  Surgery  346 ~ Current  198  Goal  180
Mommy to: Emma Grace 7/23/03 ~ Erin Faith 12/5/05 ~ Kayley Olena 9/17/08

TamaraL
on 5/27/11 11:39 pm
I was much like you when I had my revision. i felt like I was starving!!  I stuck close to the dietary guidelines and tried my best not to over eat!!.  The nerves are cut in your stomach so your stomach does not know when it is full.  You need to eat slow, set a timer if you have to.  Eat only 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup. ONly eat for 20 minutes!! You are going to lose the weight.  Stop freaking out.  I think all revision patients do this because we are afraid that this is not going to work. 

Don't over do it on the exercise.  you should only be eating 600-800 calories/day.  If your working out too hard your body will go into starvation

Tamara

Most Active