NYU Coordinator is such a lazy .... Goodbye RNY (NYU) & Hello DS (Lennox Hill)

Sexyvt123
on 5/26/11 6:41 am
So I just call my insurance to get some information on my coverage and I've been speaking to the same lady for the last couple of weeks at BCBS IL.  She told me that they finally received my paper work and that it was a total of 5 pages.  (Blank Stare).   Did she just say 5 pages?  I can not believe that she only sent 5 pages to get an approval for my revision.  How is this possible?  I'm almost positive I will be denied right away which is fine.  I've decided that I will be getting the DS done with Dr Roslin at Lennox Hill.  I went to see him and he was great.  I have my appt for psych and nutritionist next week.  I have all my records being sent to them and they will be sending my paper work for approval.  I am so happy that I never cancel my appt with Dr Roslin because I would be up **** creek right now.  I love Dr Kurian but I can stand that damn coordinator.  Ive heard so much good stories with Dr Roslin office.  DS here I come.  Keep your fingers cross.

smileyjamie72
on 5/26/11 9:46 am - Palmer, AK
Good for YOU!!!!!!!

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Sexyvt123
on 5/26/11 11:09 am
Thank you

I should have gone with my gut feeling from the start but I guess this is a sign from God to just go for it. 

Holly O.
on 5/26/11 10:47 pm - Bradenton, FL
Excellent!!  Hopefully it is smooth sailing for you the rest of the way!!  -Holly

Michelle F.
on 5/27/11 12:56 am
Congratulations!  Dr. Roslin is awesome!  I had my original band with Dr. Fielding, who I love but his coordinators are awful.  I can't remember her name but one of the girls who used to do the insurance paperwork at Dr. Roslin's office (who isn't there anymore) screwed up my paperwork and it took way longer than it should have to get an approval, so make sure you keep on top of them!

Good luck!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

Zee Starrlite
on 5/27/11 7:56 am
Michelle, I'd love to meet you when come in for your appt. (6/24 - right?).   I've been meaning to call you.  How are you doing?

Have a wonderful weekend.

Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Zee Starrlite
on 5/27/11 7:52 am
Good girl!!! 

I've had Dr. Roslin for over 5 years now.  I had HealthNet POS and I got the my approval for Band removal in a snap (Maura was always good to me).  As of Jan, I have Oxford Freedom POS - Gina is my bariatric coordinator this time around and as soon as my papers were submitted, I was basically approved.  Oxford did a weird thing though.  I called them up after they approved to get all the details and they then said that my case was "pending" - a couple of days and people later I am approved.  From everything, and I mean every single little thing, I have to only pay my oxford co-pay of $500-.

Funny, When Gina called me with the approval I was like "oh **** that soon" and I am thinking to myself - damned it can't be, I am not ready.  I was sort of hoping for a fight so I wouldn't go through with the surgery.  She also said "I know you are in a hurry to make this happen - doc can do your surgery on Mon or Tues if you like .

All insurance isn't the same.  I know that they are having issues with some and so your experience may be different than mine.  The one thing my job has always been good about is our insurance.  Everything else sucks.

Good Luck!

L.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Frankie
on 5/27/11 8:32 am - NY

Congrats to you.  Oxford is a great insurance when it comes to insurance approval.  When I had RNY in 2004 I had Oxford and was approved in no time.  Now I have Oxford PPO and am seeking a revision with Dr, Roslin.  After I have my CT scan then I will know what to do from there.

Congrats to you and wishing you the best.

Frankie

Frankie
on 5/27/11 8:34 am - NY
Michelle, I met with Dr. Roslin and love him!!! He definitely is a DS guy but he cares for his patients first.  Good luck with everything and I hope it will move swiftly and smoothly for you.

take care,
Frankie

Most Active