Ruen-Y Failure

MsBatt
on 5/29/11 2:09 pm
150 THOUSAND WL surgeries? How OLD is the man??? At, let's be overly optimistic, three a day, that's 50,000 DAYS, or 136 YEARS, just to DO that many surgeries.

I smell bull****
NeeNee1971
on 5/29/11 4:24 pm - FL
I checked his profile on here. He has not done too many surgeries. My surgeon has been doing bariatric surgeries for 25 yrs now. I always look up drs.
Pre Surgery  352  Surgery  346 ~ Current  198  Goal  180
Mommy to: Emma Grace 7/23/03 ~ Erin Faith 12/5/05 ~ Kayley Olena 9/17/08

Campari
on 5/31/11 3:48 am
 I don't think she heard right. I am a pt of his and he has been doing the surgery for over 18 yrs.  He is older but not that old.  He is a gastric bypass pt himself and seems to understand it all.
He has a very very low morbitiy rate .

DarleneCox2763
on 6/4/11 10:07 am - Thomson, GA
Obviously I wrote it down wrong. Sometimes I feel as though I'm old enough to have performed that many surgeries.
By the way, I used to live in Loretto, and Iron City. I lived in Lawrenceburg before I came here.
Campari
on 6/4/11 10:14 am
On May 29, 2011 at 9:09 PM Pacific Time, MsBatt wrote:
150 THOUSAND WL surgeries? How OLD is the man??? At, let's be overly optimistic, three a day, that's 50,000 DAYS, or 136 YEARS, just to DO that many surgeries.

I smell bull****
 she must have typed wrong it is 15,000 surgeries over the last 18 yrs.  

Campari
on 5/31/11 3:44 am
 Hi Darlene

I just read this post. OMG>. That is what I just wrote to you. Dr. Marema.  I see him in St. Augustine.  His staff here is wonderful.
I don't think you will have to wait for any insurance approval or pre op wt. loss or the 4 month diet and history because I believe you have a medical necessity.

good luck and keep me posted.   I go in for my revision tomorrow June 1st. at flagler hospital
you can write me directly if you want at [email protected]

knolan55
on 9/17/11 7:53 am
Hi,

I had gastric bypass 10 years ago.  I gained back half of the weight I lost.  I had the rose procedure one week ago.  It does not seem to be working.  I don't know anyone who had one.  I am trying to get some info or feedback on the rose. 
DarleneCox2763
on 6/18/11 11:40 am - Thomson, GA
Hi everyone! I got an appointment with Dr. Marema in St. Augustine, FL for June 23rd! I had the upper GI done up here and the radiologist showed me where the food is leaking into the part of my stomach that was never supposed to see food again. He made a DVD for me to take to FL with me. I found a great place to live also. I'm going to go check that out when I go to FL. I just hope I don't have to jump through all the hoops for Medicare like I did the first time. Either way, I'm ready to get this started! Wish me luck!
MsBatt
on 6/19/11 2:00 am
Medicare doesn't pre-approve anything---you just have the whatever done, the surgeon's office submits the paperwork, and Medicare either pays or it doesn't. Most doctors who accept Medicare assignment (and the word 'assignment' is VERY important here!) have enough experience with Medicare to pretty much know what Medicare will and won't pay for.

Your surgeon *may* accept your Medicare, with the provision that should Medicare NOT pay, YOU will. (They'll have you sign papers to this effect.)

Repairing a gasto-gastric fistula (what you seem to have) should certainly be covered! Good luck to you!
DarleneCox2763
on 6/19/11 11:45 am - Thomson, GA
That sounds like a prayer come true! I'm really excited now! For me to finally have this repaired and for me to finally not be in pain all the time....And, I wont blow up like a puffer fish when I drink my little bit of liquid, or eat my little bit of jell-o, I am BEYOND HAPPY! If it could only be that easy. And let's hope it is! Wooo-Hooooo!
Most Active