APPROVED AND SURGERY DATE SET!!

Holly O.
on 5/23/11 9:50 am - FL
I have been approved for my revision from lapband to RNY today.  Having my surgery June 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Been dealing with this crap band for almost 5 years..............soon it will be gone, gone, gone!!  So excited!!!
   Holly                                      
nkara
on 5/23/11 9:59 am
 so excited for you!   
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Sexyvt123
on 5/23/11 10:00 am
Congrats and im excited for you.  I am in the same boat and can not wait until my day come. 

Hislady
on 5/23/11 10:41 am - Vancouver, WA
Hooray for you! So glad to see another band bite the dust, just wish I could be one of them. But I'm glad that it's happening for others, that can only pave the way for me if my time ever comes.
TamaraL
on 5/23/11 10:56 am
so happy for you.  Did you get all of your questions answered?? 

Holly O.
on 5/23/11 8:58 pm - FL
Hi Tamara,

Yes I did get all of my questions answered..........thank God!!  Because I am a revision I don't have to redo the pych evalution, so that was nice!!  My surgeon was very helpful.........I had sat in on 2 of his seminars and took notes, so I was ready with my questions.  Also when he removes the band he will then go ahead with the RNY.......... I was so afraid I would have to do 2 surgeries.  He said it takes 30 min. to remove the lapband and the port and also to clean up a bit of scar tissue.  He said it wasn't necessary to put anyone through 2 surgeries.  I did ask him how many surgeries he has done and he said over 2000 procedures and has not lost any of his patients on the table.  He did say the week following he has lost 2 patients....but they had heart problems and were high risk patients.  He said Iwasn't in that category.  Overall Ifeel relieved, happy and feel so empowered to go forward.  Life with the lapband hasbeen hard........he said after 5 years............time to move on.  I agreed!!  Thanks for all the kind replys and I will keep posting so you can follow my revision story.
   Holly                                      
Band to DS
on 5/23/11 12:44 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:21 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Wishmeluck123
on 5/23/11 9:04 pm
YES! Whoohooo! Congrats! Stupendious! Terriffic! YAHHHH!!!!! So excitied for you! FINALLY....I know you have been waiting patiently!
Holly O.
on 5/24/11 3:45 am - Bradenton, FL
hisholyworship
on 5/29/11 4:34 pm - Stamford, CT
That's great news!!!!!!!!!!!! I have my first consultation on 6/21 to discuss my options of revision surgery, and I pray that my insurance company approves it right away without any glitches or hiccups.  I'm excited for you, God Bless!
Most Active