Wow.. got approved after my appeal for revision from LB to RNY

Cheryl N.
on 5/23/11 7:28 am - Des Moines, WA
Just got the word that I am approved ...

I'm now nervous!! yikes!!!

MOre details to follow later. don't have any details just yet.. case manager will get back to me

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Sexyvt123
on 5/23/11 9:58 am
Congrats and good luck.   I am hoping to do the same surgery soon.  (god willing)

MsBatt
on 5/24/11 5:09 am
Really? I thought you were going for the DS.
Hislady
on 5/23/11 10:38 am - Vancouver, WA
Way to go girlie!!! I'm so happy for you keep us posted. You know you are still always welcome on the band board. Hope all goes smoothly for you and that this does the trick!
TamaraL
on 5/23/11 10:58 am
oh my gosh Cheryl!!!!!!!!   That is sooo exciting!!!!  It is normal to be nervous????

Band to DS
on 5/23/11 12:42 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:20 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Cheryl N.
on 5/23/11 2:13 pm - Des Moines, WA
The case manager thinks probably around August. 

I think I did a great job appealing, and bombarding them with papers on failed lap bands from medical websites, and forums, etc. helped! hee!! 

I even told them I didn't like the wording "repeat" in the sentence "repeat bariatic surgery" because basically repeat means same kind of surgery, and the "revision" is a better choice of wording because it would be a different kind of surgery and guess what, the appeals coordinator agreed with me! :) 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Holly O.
on 5/24/11 4:17 am - Bradenton, FL
 Way to go!!  We will do this together.........I am going from Lapband to RNY on June 15th.  I'm so ready after 5 years of lapband hell!!

-Holly

paulrap
on 5/24/11 10:19 pm
Hi Cheryl!

I remember you from the lapband boards a couple years back - I had my band placed in January 2009 and had a slip and dilated pouch in April 2010. I am pretty certain I have slipped again and return to the surgeon on tomorrow. I am thinking they are going to want to do surgery to reposition or replace the band. I have honestly loved my band and was devastated to find out  it had slipped. Were you having lots of other problems too? Was curious if the insurance companies take in consideration your lower BMI when authorizing the revision surgery? MY BMI is 27 now, but I know that will change quickly if my band is removed. Its always something!!!! :) Good luck to you and would love to hear your story. . .

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Most Active