Second chance starts Monday!!

Nikki4381
on 5/20/11 10:27 am - NJ
So I got the call yesterday that my surgeon has an opening Monday at 11:30am.... holy crap!!

Can not believe this is happening.....  Now my next task is to stay sane until then!!! 

I will be having BOB and can not be in a better place this time around.  I know BOB isn't a popular choice around the message board but it works for me at this place in time and I know I'm going to "make it work". (Sorry...project runway marathon today LOL quoting Tim Gunn)

Hopefully my outcome will be good, but anything is better than where I am now.

Trying to keep busy...so hopefully my rambling on and on is ok.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

Hugs
Band to DS
on 5/20/11 2:00 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:14 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

amberd910
on 5/20/11 11:24 pm - CT
Best of luck on your new journey!
Hislady
on 5/21/11 8:57 am - Vancouver, WA
I've read of several folks on the band board that have been quite successful with the BOB. Hope yours is too!
Nikki4381
on 5/21/11 12:43 pm - NJ
Thank you everyone for the well wishes..... Less than 48 hours.

Hope I can be as successful as everyone else with the second time around!!!!

Hugs
heathercross
on 5/22/11 5:10 am - New York, NY
Nikki:

I am having a BOB too, June 23rd.  I want to say one thing, and Im only saying this bc Im concerned for you.  You are having surgery, Monday, and when did you think you were having it?  What about the pre-work, the tests as well as the 2 wks of liquids and the shrinking of the liver?  I have not met one dtr yet you doesnt require BOB patients to do 2 weeks of liquids to shrink their livers.  You may have been doing this already and your date just got moved up, I dont know but, I just felt like I'd be remiss if I didnt say something. 

All my best.

Heather
Duck_Girl
on 5/22/11 7:52 am
congrats on getting in so quick. I think the 2 wk's of liquid is a joke so no worries there. You will do great.

Wishing you a fast recovery.

Nikki4381
on 5/22/11 11:34 am - NJ
Thank you for looking out for me Heather!!! I can see where you would think I kind of rushed into it.... its been a long process. I originally had a date of April 28th which I did all the proper tests etc for and then it got moved to June 17th and then moved back up to May 23rd.... its been one heck of a roller coaster!!!!!  We have checked all of my organs recently ( a WHOLE nother story lol) and my surgeon and her entire team said I'm totally ready for this Monday
(tomorrow????? )   Good luck with everything for yourself.... I'll be wishing you well when its your turn :)    Thank you Duck_Girl!!! Its all good from this moment on....

Most Active