Anyone ever got approved for revision with BCBS IL

Sexyvt123
on 5/19/11 1:31 am
- So I am looking to have a revison from Lapband to RNY and I have BCBS IL.  I went to get an Upper Endoscopy and it show that my band is fine.  I got banded back in 08 and since then only lost 30 pds that I ive gained all back.  Im about 360 and everytime I get a fill I vomit.  I have GERD and Acid Reflux that I am now taking medication for.  My insurance is BCBS of IL and my coordinator believe that I will have problem getting an approval.  Can anyone tell me if they ever gotten approved for revision on BCBS IL

Yolanda P.
on 5/19/11 5:41 am
I am in the same boat you are in. My surgeon just submitted all my paperwork to BCBS of IL. So I will keep yu posted. I am looking to be revised from band to sleeve. I have had nothing but trouble since banded in 06. 2 slips and a port repaired.
Yolanda

shellb58
on 5/23/11 8:47 am - WA
Hi, I first got denied, then my Dr. had a peer to peer cons. on the phone with the Dr. at BCBS IL and said I was not losing any weight and regurgitating everytime I took a bite. They approved and paid in full. Hope things work out with you.
Shellb
shelley veturis            
Most Active