What is wron???

1bdmtha
on 5/17/11 10:26 am - Ironton, OH
I had open gastric bypass surgery in April 2001 starting weight around 310.  I lost down to about 165... In the last ten years I had incisional hernia, panniculectomy, and hysterectomy.  When I had my hysterectomy about two years ago they tried to do it with the divenci , but had to open me up due to all of the scar tissue (almost nicked my intestines).... I have gained back up to about 230 lbs. I can eat anything, and I very seldom get full... I just called a local surgeon today to see if he would be willing to take me on as a pt, to at least see if anything is going wrong with my rny.  The thing that scares me most is to find out something is wrong and my ins. will not cover it.  I have a different ins. then what I had the first time.   I first had Great West ins. and it covered (after hoop jumping of course). I now have Anthem BCBS KY ppo as primary (through my work) and Anthem BCBS ppo KY as secondary (through my husbands work).  If the Dr. does decide to take me on (I will find out tomorrow) and I find out nothing is wrong with me then I will deal with that.  I do excercise (I walk about a mile to two approx 3  to 5 times a week depending on the weather) and I have tried really hard to stick to a diet only to loose a couple of lbs if any at all, I have found it harder to loose the weight now then before my surgery.... Any thoughts about any of the above would be greatly appreciated...
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 12:57 pm
If you are considering a revision, I would suggest that you research revision to the duodenal switch surgery. You will get that full feeling again and get healthy again. I'm very grateful to have had this revision very recently. I have so far found this surgery to be much more liveable than gastric bypass.

www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch-safe-op eration.pdf

www.dsfacts.com
Jennifer D.
on 5/17/11 1:03 pm
Check out DS Facts to see if the surgeon you are seeing does DS, that is, if you are considering a revision...
Most Active