Anyone here done VSG to RNY?

MsBatt
on 5/18/11 3:26 am
Nope, no revision, and I'm NOT ragging on YOU---just on the idea that people IN GENERAL don't do enough research beforehand.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/17/11 11:56 am
On May 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM Pacific Time, Josie W. wrote:
Did some calling today on the DS.  Have to learn more about it.  Teach me!  They won't do it in my state, but I'm waiting for a callback from MN, who does.
 MsBatt beat me to the reply, but she's right. She always is. 

As far as not having a DS surgeon near you, many of us had to travel. I actually went to another country to self pay.  I preferred to self pay, than have the RNY or band done right here in town paid for by my insurance.

The best list of vetted DS surgeons, as well as lots of great information, is at DSfacts.com. I would ignore the info on which surgeons do the DS here at OH (as well as some of the surgery info), because it's wrong, and too much of thier info is advertiser driven. You need the facts, not a sales pitch.
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 5:34 am - CA
Hi,
I think you should give the sleeve some time. I revised from band to sleeve 8 weeks ago, and I've finally just crossed 21 lbs. this week. I had a stall from weeks 2-4. Your weight is coming off faster than mine! You're doing well. At least give the VSG a chance to work. Also, I started trying to get some exercise in at least 2x week and that has helped some. Why are you looking into revision to DS so soon? Do you not have enough restriction? Are you upset with slow loss? Well, whatever you decide, good luck!
Most Active