Denied!

Balynn34
on 5/16/11 10:10 am
VSG on 04/04/12
Got a denial letter for removal of my crapband because it was an exclusion on the policy...even though the dr. coded it as other things causing problems...now I have to pay to have it removed AND pay for revision...this sucks!!!

Barbara    

CindyLyn
on 5/16/11 12:57 pm - Evadale, TX

So sorry to hear this.  Insurance companies suck!!   What insurance do you have?

TamaraL
on 5/17/11 3:32 am
call the insurance company and see if you self pay to have the band removed if they will pay for you to have surgery or do they have a 1 WLS per lifetime exclusion.

It does not cost that much to have the band removed.  I think they were going to charge me $2500 to have the band removed.

Tamara

Band to DS
on 5/18/11 2:38 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:10 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

TamaraL
on 5/18/11 8:29 pm
I have blue cross blue shields of North Carolina and they did not approve my revision.  They approved the bypass though.  So my doctor waived the fee to get the band removed.  He knew I was miserable.  The other concern was how much time I would be in the operating room.  I was in there around 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.

Tamara

Band to DS
on 5/20/11 12:09 am, edited 2/4/12 3:10 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active