Band Removal

Elizabeth S.
on 4/30/11 3:05 am
Thursday I had my band removed I got the band in 12/05 I was not loosing weight and I had a lot of acid reflux and vomiting. I changed surgerons and he thought it would be best for me to get gastric bypass in three months he wants my body to heal. Today I am home from the hospital they want me stay on clear liquids and popsicles my stomach feel so tight as if the band is still there. I have not had a bm movement can I take something for this. Can someone tell me about there days after lapband removal please.
shellb58
on 4/30/11 11:29 am - WA
good for you I will be getting my band removed on Tuesday. And having a proximal bypass at the same time. I hate the band
Holly O.
on 5/1/11 1:00 am - FL
Good for you!!  Do what your surgeon tells you to do and you wll be fine!! I too had the lapband Nov. 2006 -- started at 220 lbs.....speed forward.now I weigh 240 lbs.  I hate the lapband............way to many poblems.  I am having a revision to RNY.  I have very little scar tissue so my surgery will be 2 in 1.  But everyone is different...........that is why I say listen to your surgeon.....he knows your case, etc.  I wish you a speedy recovery so that you can move onto the RNY.
   Holly                                      
shellb58
on 5/1/11 2:13 am - WA
Hi Holly, Thanks for the reply, I am having a proximal bypass done on Tues.  Do you know if a proximal is the same as thr RNY? I always see people writing about the RNY and not sure if thats the same as me. This time I am doing exactly what my DR. is recommending me to do.I think I learned alot from the band and I did not follow the rules, well in reality I couldn't  nothing but the wrong foods went down.  I have been on the liq. diet for 7 days now. It actually went fast.  
Shelley
Holly O.
on 5/1/11 2:48 am - FL

Hi Shelley,

I think the proximal bypass maybe a litte different.  Did you ask your dr. if they were the same..........yo could also google it andsee what that says!!  I have learned a lot from the band too..........slidder foods are pretty much what I can get down!!  Such a disappointment,huh??  I did go to a seminar Thur. evening with my new surgeon...........he explained one procedure does not fit all.  There is the band, the sleeve, and the RNY that he performs.  So after he tallked abut al 3 someone asked him which one had the most trouble............he said the band.  He said 10% of his patents have done the revision from the band to the RNY.  Simple restriction with the lapband isn't enough and isn't meant for everyone!!  Thank you lord I went to the seminar............evrything seemed so much clearer.

My surgeons ofice will call tomorrow withmy consult appt.

Good luck, o.k.

Holly                                      
shellb58
on 5/1/11 2:57 am - WA
I think the RNY is a term used for a few bypass surgeries. There is the proximal that they take out less intestines, then there is the medial where they remove more and then the DS. The more they remove the less absorption and actually faster weight loss. My insurance only approved me for the proximal. My Dr. said he will be removing 5 ft. of intestines. I hope thats enough. Tuesday is my big day
Shellb58
Most Active