Anybody revised from band to sleeve or bypass?

enjoylife1
on 5/2/11 3:37 am, edited 5/2/11 5:47 am
I have a band. I got it in 2008. My heaviest weight was around 350. I was 314 on the day of surgery and got down to 223. I was ok with my band. Of Course I hated the throwing up - especially when it was just  water; and I could not drink anything with sugar - that always came back up.
I am having a revision because I have recently been diagnosed with a condition that is causing me to go blind. Believe it or not, weight is the culprit. My spinal chord produces too much fluid and it does so based on what it perceives my weight to be. My insurance company has approved me for the bypass - waiving the 6 month diet. My eyes are getting worse, it seems as the days go by, but still I am not ready for the bypass. I am afraid and I don't have enough information on it. I have to take sveral pills everyday (all relatively small) and will continue to do so until I am small enough to not have to anymore. I need help and information - QUICK!!!!.
USAF Wife
on 5/2/11 4:25 am
Band to sleeve revision here. Best damn decision I ever made. I'm almost 2 years out, as you can see in my ticker, I'm over 13 weeks pregnant, and I'm thriving. My labs are stellar, my little Sprout is growing, and we are doing fabulous. I have zero food or medication intolerances, nor do I have to take ****pots of vitamins/supplements even in pregnancy as I have no malabsorption. Nor do I have to worry about a pouch ever again.

Life is pretty sweet post-op. I had maintained my 138lb loss for nearly a year before I got pregnant. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me privately.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active