Edit

Dionysus
on 4/28/11 1:08 am, edited 5/6/11 3:03 pm
Edit
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 2:34 am - Charlotte, NC
I hear and understand your frustration! If it was me going thru this, I'd print out, exactly what you wrote here, and sign it, then mail it, certified mail requiring the WLS surgeon signature. Someone,in some office is jerking you around, and I doubt that it is personal. I have had several physician's offices do similar to me and mine and when I finally got to your point and demanded to sit down with the MDs and the Administrator (because I felt all along things were getting interpreted differently TO the doc than what I'd left)...well, shazam! The doctor had NO CLUE as to HOW things were being handled by the office staff, the MOAs and the Admin who was running the show...FOR A CORPORATION. This is one reason you have to keep documentation of EVERYTHING you go to, you are told, hand-outs, etc now-a-days in your healthcare. All I got was an, "I'm sorry." from the doc and the next day a certified letter saying I had 30 days to find a new Family MD (they don't like people who rock the boat).
I feel for you. I wish I had a better answer. Don't allow them to stop you in your revision quest! If you have to, get a second opinion and start over from square #1...and YES! I had to do that, too. It never stopped me.
Dionysus
on 4/28/11 12:45 pm
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 1:25 am - Charlotte, NC
My suggestions are only that. You have to do what you are comfortable with. I've never been one to sit back and 'ride'. I learned at a young age, that doctors are NOT all-knowing and MOST won't admit that to their patients much less themselves. I also know, that 'the squeaky wheel ALWAYS gets the grease'. Having been one of the 'first' to learn about the WLS merry-go-round in its infancy, I had to jump through the same kinds of hoops you are now. Each ins. co. tried to get OUT of paying for 'cutting edge' surgery for MO. It deterred me NOT..in fact, it made me determined to get the surgery even MORE. I even had to eat ON another 25 pounds when I needed a revision for a stenosed part of the route, which had NOTHING to do with me being non-compliant...the people IN the ins. cos. are NOT medical for the most part and when they are (nurses) the probably haven't HAD WLS. It's sad.
I only wish you the BEST!
Dionysus
on 4/29/11 8:11 pm
Lin_2
on 4/29/11 1:30 am
I'm sorry that you've had to go through what you are! I was very impressed with the organized approach of my WLS doc's office. The diet restrictions were discussed, illustrated and examples given during the educational seminar and then in my first session, I was given a binder with EVERYTHING!!!!!! Each subsequent session during the 6 months I was given more material for the binder. It's a MANUAL. Anyway, I was given full disclosure, and they have asked for anything I think should be added to the materials. I am sorry to hear that your experience wasn't like that. I keep wanting to have my bariatric surgeon's office train other medical professionals for the best way to handle any chronic condition!!!
I wish you the best of luck. I hope you are able to find someone whom you like.
One last note though, I worked in health care for many years (not a health care provider), and today more than ever, you have to be in the driver's seat and running the show. The Medicals are our consultants, they often see us as a condition, disease or body part. The insurance company is the enemy. They will look for any reason to improve the bottom line, including very unethical tactics (and I've seen some obscene things!)
And the expression is "put a wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one fills up first!"
Good luck to you!

Dionysus
on 4/29/11 8:19 pm
Lin_2
on 4/30/11 12:06 am
Yeah, nowadays we are the only ones looking out for us! The insurance companies are looking out for their money, and the doc's have their own agenda (not saying they are evil) but they look at things from their perspective, not ours.
Good luck!

Band to DS
on 5/1/11 12:49 am, edited 2/4/12 2:54 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Most Active