revision, Endogastric surgery

Ethansnana
on 4/25/11 12:28 am - CA
8 years ago I had Gastric Bypass. I lost 169 pounds. I am still at 205. I would like a revision. My surgeon reccomends 2 types. The stonaphyx, or Endogastric sugery. I am unable to find any info on the Endogastric. Does anyone know anything about it?
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 5:00 am - San Jose, CA
I don't know what you are talking about either.  The Stomaphyx is a type of endogastric surgery (through the mouth).  You need to understand your options better before you chose.  Starting with the name of the surgery.

And Stomaphyx doesn't work - other that to transfer money from your pocket to that of your surgeon.  After you stop the required 2 week liquid diet, the weight comes back.
Terry P.
on 4/27/11 11:09 pm - Wappingers Falls, NY
The option you are looking for is called EGD Sclerotherapy.

How Sclerotherapy Works:

Sclerotherapy, in general terms, is a procedure that treats issues associated with blood vessels. It is an outpatient procedure available for gastric bypass patients who have a dilated (enlarged) opening in their pouch. The procedure may be helpful in preventing additional surgery and may assist the patient with continued optimal weight loss. It involves injecting an irritant around the opening from the pouch to the intestines. The body then reacts to the irritant by constricting (decreasing) the opening.

I have had the proceedure once already and need it again until the stoma has the correct restriction. For me, my pouch has stretched, so I am not sure how well this proceedure will work for me. I am not fat enough anymore to qualify for any other kind of revision... Terry

LAP RNY 06/05/08
Day of surgery 197
Lowest weight 127
Current weight 165
Goal 135

Most Active