Dr. Roslin - Rny to Ds

airbender
on 5/1/11 11:39 am
I had my DS when my BMI was 31 full insurance approval payment
Monique A.
on 5/1/11 9:17 am - NY
I also intend to have RNY to DS revision w Dr. Roslin. I am already approved just waiting on a good time to take off at work prior to my approval 6 mo window time running out. probably late july to early August.

Not much info out there but there are a few and I have not heard any negative statement about him or his partners. Not even of the DS forum but try reposting there.
I actually choose Dr. Roslin because I could possibly have it done lap rather than must be open.

Good luck. I wasa approved right away staff was great.
airbender
on 5/1/11 11:41 am
good choice, and he really doesn't like to do open out of all his patients he has only converted to open on one that i know of, his weight was >500lbs  good luck to you
Jody W.
on 5/2/11 3:48 am - Windsor, CT
Good Afternoon,
For the people that have already been approved by your insurance through Dr. Roslin, can you give me some information on the process?  I am going to the educational Seminar tonight and I was told that after I attended that then I could  make an appointment with the DR.  I am just wondering what the process was.  I am a revision from a Lap Band....
I checked my insurance and as long as I have a psych eval and meet with a nut it seems as though there should be no problem getting approved....
Can you share your experience?
Thanks
-Jody

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Jody W.
on 5/4/11 1:20 am - Windsor, CT
Good Morning Patty,
I went to the Educational Seminar with DR. Roslin last night.  It seemed as though he was really against doing RNY to DS Revisions.  He stated that he only does them for special cur****tances.... Like the patient is really sick and still MO.... He was very matter of fact with it....I thought that was a really interesting part of the seminar....
Just an FYI

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

PattyLI
on 5/5/11 3:08 am - Coram, NY
 Thanks for getting back to me.  I met with him on friday and was against doing the DS on me.  He stated the same thing to me about special cir****tances.  He advised doing the band over bypass.
randy S.
on 6/2/11 3:45 am - brooklyn, NY
What is your bmi. B.o.B is a suprising suggestion.
PattyLI
on 6/6/11 10:33 pm - Coram, NY
 My bmi is 40.
heathercross
on 6/6/11 11:13 pm - New York, NY
Hi Patty, yes he does. I have known Dr. Roslin for 10 yrs as I had surgery at Lenox hill in 2002 with Dr. Leitman. Roslin is an ass but one HELL of a doctor, probably the best WLS in the world. You are in good hands. He is a GOD but a bit of a ***** and well that's what you need. There are plenty of other "nice" doctors out there with tremendous bedside manners but they are not surgeons, they are imitations who learned WLS at a 3 hr seminar.
Most Active