Anyone have revision out there??

Wishmeluck123
on 4/22/11 2:13 am
Thanks Ladies ~ All your replies are much appreicated. I wish each and everyone of you much success, this time around. As I read above this is only a TOOL not a cure. So so hard to change. I have over my last 10 years made changes.....but just felt like a failure for never getting to my goal weight! I truly wish you all much luck on your journey. Please keep in touch with me and let me know how you are and any tips that you have learned this time around. Peace & Love, Melissa
Holly O.
on 4/23/11 1:39 am - FL
 Melissa,

I had the lapband Nov. 2/06 and initally lost 30 lbs.  I am 5'2 and at that time weighed in at 220 lbs.  Here I am 4 1/2 yrs. later......still 5'2 but 235 lbs.  I am in the process of getting a consult for a revision to the RNY.  I have learned a lot over the last 4 years having the lapbadnd............but I am tired of getting fills, unfills, tweeks, here and there!  Tired of slimming, vomiting, etc. and stilloverweight!  I know now that I have done my homework thoroughly this time I should be a lot more successful!!  I completely understand this is a tool and 2nd chance to do it right!!  I wish you the best!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
Wishmeluck123
on 4/23/11 3:38 am
Hi Holly ~ Thanks! I truly wish you luck as well. It is a hard task to learn....but I am excitied to try again. I have learned alot over the last 10 years and now I will incorporate all I have learned with my new revision. All the best....
nmroxie
on 5/2/11 6:38 am - Lake Dallas,, TX

I had a revision one year ago tomorrow (will post again tomorrow for that....) from RNY to DS and it's been a great journey! II am down 109 lbs and am close to my personal goal for the first time in my life and it's such a wonderful feeling. You will do great - keep us posted!

Wishmeluck123
on 5/3/11 3:37 am
Thanks for your reply! :o) Congrats on your much earned success. I just felt such a sense of relief hearing from others.

I am home as of Saturday, post op since Thursaday .. Imalready down 10.5 pounds. way faster then I thought LOL  andquite pleased. Still have about another 80-85 to go. But I am hopeful with a different mind set, I will succeed and live a healthy life. The outlook appearance for me is a bonus :)

After surgery the doctor said my previous surgery was a huger mess then he anticipated, he was not able to determine the whole cause of the malfunction...I am sure I partly to blame with poor eating creeping back slowly, but over all is was a combination.. He had quite a clean up plus a hernia repair. Sugery was about 5 hrs long. I feel really good today. Lots of scar tissue and repairs.. He told me husband he had seen nothing like it...So scary...but such a relief that things were not "all my fault" I think over weight people choose to blame alot. This time I am not blaming. I am taking control of life once and for all...plain and simple. It was a blessing that I was approved for a revision......

I had looked into the DS.....I a curioius to hear why you changed your procedure to that....

Keep up the great work! And keep me posted...

Melissa

Most Active