Anyone have revision out there??

Wishmeluck123
on 4/20/11 10:07 am
Hello~

I has roux-en-y gastric done in 2001 - since I have gained quite a bit back. I actually never got to my own personal goal. I am now scheduled next Thursday for a revision as well as a hernia repair. After a swallow study - it has been determined that my gastric bypass has had some mechanical failures, hence causing me to gain weight. I am excited about this revision. I feel confident in my doctor choice. I am just wondering how much weight loss I might expect this time? I am hoping to lose 100lbs. Does anyone out there have any feed back for me! I would appreciate all your thoughts and suggestions.

Peace & Love.....on your weight loss journeys.....

Melissa~
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

Ladytazz
on 4/20/11 10:15 am
Some will say that revisions lose slower then first time post ops.  I think it is up to us.  I actually lost faster this time then I did the first time.  If you follow the rules, get in all your fluids and protein, don't drink with your meals or 30 minutes after and watch the refined carbs there is no reason you shouldn't lose all the weight you want.  Tracking what I eat helps me, too.
I know I made mistakes with my first surgery and I used the opportunity of the revision to learn from my mistakes.
Good luck to you.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Wishmeluck123
on 4/20/11 10:18 am
Thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate your support. I am also very proud of you! Great job! I plan on following much stricter this time around. Have a support group in plan and truly do know what to do.....I am grateful I am getting a 2nd opportunity....I have learned this is ONLY A TOOL not a cure. Thank you....
Ladytazz
on 4/20/11 10:24 am
Yeah, I learned that too.  I'm kind of a slow learner.  I know I heard that it was only a tool but I didn't get it until I got it.  I thought it was unfair that I had WLS and still had to "diet".  I thought the surgery would do all the work.  I finally figured out that in order for me to lose weight and keep it off I needed to change the way I ate.  I call it a diet or food plan.  All WLS has done for me is help me stick to a healthy way of eating.  The big difference is that this time I have not been hungry and I am satisfied with small amounts.  That helps me eat the way I need to eat.
It sounds like you have a good attitude.  I am sure you will do great.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Wishmeluck123
on 4/20/11 10:27 am
LOL...agree about the slow learner part! Well, I am nervous and excited. I am also getting a hernia repair...I noticed you had one as well. I hope you continue to be successful as I am sure you will. Sounds like you have learned. Keep up the great work and keep me posted!
Janice D.
on 4/21/11 8:06 am - Roanoke Rapids, NC
Hi- I had regained everything and more after bypass in 1985 but had a revision in September,2008.  My highest weight was 368 pounds and my weight on surgery date was 341.  I now weigh 165 pounds.  It came off great until I was about 200 pounds and then I had to really work harder.  I did water aerobics for over a year but stopped that last Nov when it got cold.  I have recently begun walking for an hour each day and it seems to have supercharged my losing.  I lost over 5 pounds the first week and over 3 last week.  I am a member of TOPS, a weight loss support group that has really been there for me.  That helps me a lot.  Good luck on your journey.  Janice
Wishmeluck123
on 4/21/11 9:19 am
Hi Janice ~ Thank you for your response. Great job! I am happy to hear you are pleased. I am exicited, I go next week. Makes me feel hopeful!  It is amazing what exercise can do, NOW to get motivated. I truly HATE it! LOL.....But you results make me think different! Thank you again for your time....Melissa~
Nikki4381
on 4/21/11 2:48 pm - NJ

Good luck with your revision!!

I too am in the whole process of getting a revision from my rou-en-y gastric done in 2004.  I never hit goal either and have started to watch the scale creep slowly backwards...no thanks! This will actually be my second revision tech since after the first time my stomach healed so fast that I needed an emergency revision a couple months after. Now I'm told the original Dr had made the stomach bigger than they usually do, hence why the weight loss was sooo slow and small. The total amount lost was 70lbs and since I thought it was a magic cure,not a tool, I would just go along and it would melt off.  Mind set is deff different now because of everything that has gone on and of course being older.
I finally found a excellent Dr. who is going to perform a Lap Band revision as soon as I pay.( LOL insurance said NO WAY... thank god for my family!) My goal is also 100lbs so hopefully I will get this done ASAP and we can all track our success together!! No more easy peasy... time to work!!

Always here for support or anything if needed!
Good luck to everyone!
Nikki

jennjenn07
on 4/21/11 8:04 pm
I had my revision in September and I couldn't be happier..I too had many problems with my 1st surgery in 2005..I gained more than 1/2 the weight back..This time I am making serious changes and have lost 95 lbs so far...good luck to you :)
elena1973
on 4/21/11 8:41 pm - Australia
Hi, I have just had revision surgery on 16 April 2011.
I originally had Lap Band in feb 2007 with a starting weight of 395 lbs and over the years got down to 268 lbs. that was until Christmas last year when the dr adjusted the band and since have crept up 330 lbs. Dr advised the band probably did as much as it could.
Like I said I have just had RNY surgery almot a week ago at 330 lbs..would be very happy if i can get to between 154 and 198 lbs..Im looking forward to my new journey.
My inspiration ..of course is my children..my 8yo boy,who is my everything and my almost 10yo angel who is blessed with Autism. She needs me to be here for ever.. and i need to be here for me..
good luck on your journey..
god bless
elena
Most Active