Rose Procedure in AL or surrounding area? And 1st Step?

Amajeon
on 4/19/11 10:52 pm - Huntsville, AL
I had Lap band back in 2002 and now thinking of getting the rose procedure done. What are the first steps to take to see if i qualify for the rose procedure? If my insurance covers it? etc.. I am also looking for a great doctor who has done this procedure in AL or anywhere nearest to AL? Pls help!  I can also be emailed at [email protected] 
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 10:58 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Don't do it. It doesn't work. Many people have posted on here over the years that they had Stomaphyx or ROSE, and they didn't work at all. Insurance won't cover it.

Amajeon
on 4/19/11 11:29 pm - Huntsville, AL

Hmmm, ok, so what is your status? Are u a revision patient? If so, what was your begining proecedure and when, and what kind of revision are u going to do or have already done? Are you in AL?

Zee Starrlite
on 4/20/11 7:07 am
If you haven't had RNY, you can't do ROSE.  The ROSE procedure does not work at all.  Do not waste your time.  If you need to revise from the Lap Band, you can look at the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, VSG w. Duodenal Switch, and the RNY.  The Vertical Sleeve Plication is proving to be dangerous.

Good Luck,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Hislady
on 4/20/11 8:33 am - Vancouver, WA
If I were able to revise I would go for the VSG myself. It works the way the band is supposed to work but doesn't.
Amajeon
on 4/20/11 11:57 pm, edited 4/20/11 11:59 pm - Huntsville, AL
I do have a page on here under Demika Hall. When i had my surgery back in 2002 i was 362lbs and i had laproscopic rny...so what would be the best revision after having that? And is it hard to get approved after having lap rny? thanks ladies for your responses
MsBatt
on 4/21/11 2:15 pm
Let me make sure I've got this right---you first got a LapBand, then had a revision to an RNY, and now are seeking a second revision? How much weight do you need to lose? How low did you get, and have you regained?

You should seriously consider revising to the DS, but it will require a VERY experienced surgeon. There are only a handful of surgeons who can do this procedure, and you WILL have to travel to get this done.
Amajeon
on 4/22/11 4:49 am - Huntsville, AL
Sorry,i guess i didnt break it down right...Ive only had one weight loss surgery. I had Laproscopic RNY in 2002 and started out at 362lbs. I was told because of my weight and other issues i wouldnt be able to have kids. Well after the RNY in 2002, i got down to about 220, i worked out, did my protein, my water etc... and then got stationed in Germany and started eating the german foods and breads and old habits came back weight went up and down, so once i moved back here to the states i started my workouts back and stabled off at 215/220 and went thru fertility treatments and after 2 kids, ages 1 and 2,i am currently at 269lbs...I would love to get down to about 150/160lbs at the most..i dont want to be smaller than that.
beemerbeeper
on 4/27/11 3:34 am - AL
Why would you want a procedure that doesn't work and isn't covered by insurance?

~Becky

beemerbeeper
on 4/27/11 3:36 am, edited 4/27/11 3:37 am - AL
What procedure did you have?  You said lap band and you said RnY.

~Becky

Most Active