Super fast revision process

Shavonne P.
on 4/18/11 9:38 am
When I started the process into looking into a revision back in February, I saw another surgeon in Long Island.  Dr Vohra.  After speaking to him about my options, he agreed with me that RNY to DS would be the best option for me.  He then referred me to Dr Roslin. He spoke very highly of him, he even called him while he was with  me and told him he was sending me over to him.  

I had my consult with Dr Roslin on 3/24.  His staff was extremely knowledgable and helpful.  I met with him and his PA.  We went over my history, and he was concerned about my 100 lb weight gain. He first offered band over bypass, but he said I wouldn't lose much weight.  So even though he tries to be stern and firm with you,  I asked him in HIS professional opinion did he think I should do, and he agreed the DS..even though it sounded like he was trying to talk me out of it at first.  So he said lets begin the process.  

I traveled from 3 hours away, and was lucky enough to meet with the dietician that day.  Had my psych consult the following week.  I did my blood work and endoscopy consult 2 weeks ago, and my endoscopy last week.  Luckily I was able to do the bloodwork and endoscopy locally and not have to keep traveling back and forth.  I thought they would wait for the endoscopy first before submitting insurance but I had pleasant surprise from a case manager calling me last Tuesday, 4/12 telling me I was approved.  

I remember the process of getting RNY it took like 6 months for all the steps. I am still in shock.

I am going on vacation, plus I am an event planner and have some events coming up so I scheduled surgery for June 7th. 
Yolanda P.
on 4/18/11 11:03 am
Hi Shavonne, I am in process of a revision from lap band to sleeve. May I ask what insurance you have. I BCBS PPO.
Yolanda

Shavonne P.
on 4/18/11 11:08 am
Good evening Yolanda.  I have BCBS PPO as well. 
Yolanda P.
on 4/18/11 12:48 pm
Good evening to you as well. Thank you! It's nice to see we have the same insurance, hopefully my approval will be as quick as yours.. Good luck with your surgery!
Yolanda

airbender
on 4/18/11 12:04 pm
ohhh yes Dr Roslin is fast, spitfire little thing, incredibly skilled, it is not really that your RNY too a long time , it really is the way he operates, his staff etc...you are in great hands
Frankie
on 4/19/11 12:00 am - NY
Hi Shavonne and congrats on your date.  I am also looking into revision from RNY to DS.  I will be seeing Dr. Roslin as well.  I have an endoscopy scheduled for May 2nd and then I will make my appointment to meet with him.  The only thing is his office told me that I have to take the mandatory seminar, which I will take that on May 18th then I can make my appointment to see him.  I am hoping to have surgery this summer while my children are out of school.  Please let me know of your experiences with his office, surgery, recovery etc...

Good luck and take care.

Fran

Shavonne P.
on 4/19/11 12:16 am
Good Morning Frankie!

I will definitely keep you posted.  His office staff has been amazing.  I have never had to call to follow up on anything.  His office manager Katie has always been on top of everything.  Even more pleasant was then submitting to insurance and I didn't even know until I get the call that I was approved.  That truly made my week. 

Good luck to you as well and let me know how you make you with your process as well.

Shavonne
CindyLyn
on 4/19/11 1:28 pm - Evadale, TX

I have BCBS federal.   My last test is on May 12.... hopefully they will send my paper work in that day.  My husband takes vacation starting the second week of June.  I am praying that they can get everything approved and set my surgery for that week.... if not I will have to reschedule  and that makes me very sad!!  LOL

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 11:01 pm - Bayonne, NJ
That is fantastic! My BCBS plan wanted me to submit a lot of things including a supervised diet, even though I was revising due to the esophageal erosion. I started my tests the first week of September, and had the surgery the end of December. I thought that was fast, but it sounds like you & Dr. Roslin are on fire!
Shavonne P.
on 4/19/11 11:05 pm
On April 20, 2011 at 6:01 AM Pacific Time, baileymouse wrote:
That is fantastic! My BCBS plan wanted me to submit a lot of things including a supervised diet, even though I was revising due to the esophageal erosion. I started my tests the first week of September, and had the surgery the end of December. I thought that was fast, but it sounds like you & Dr. Roslin are on fire!
Good Morning!

I had been going to see a nutritionist for over 2 years.  So I requested all my notes from the nutritionist, as well as all the notes I went back to my original surgeon with concern so they could see I did try getting help from the nutrionist first before going this route.  I think that's what worked in my favor.
Most Active