Revision in two weeks need meal plan

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/11 11:49 am, edited 4/16/11 11:51 am
Research all 4 surgery types so YOU can make an informed decision. Well, the 3 that you haven't had!

If your insurance covers RNY, they usually can be made to cover DS.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Michele
lauralisi
on 4/16/11 12:23 pm - Dona Ana, NM
You'll need to eat small amts of food and chew well.  You'll start with clear liquids and advance to full liquids, soft foods to normal foods.  Individuals will vary on what foods they tolerate and adjust accordingly.  Please remember to take in enough fluids-not an easy thing to do!

Please make sure you research all the surgeries available.  Your particular surgeon may not perform them all-and that fact is an unwise criterion on which to base your selection .

I sincerely wish you the best luck in whatever you choose.

Holly O.
on 4/17/11 2:35 am - FL
I am doing a revision from lapband to ????.  I truly believe you have to do your research, attend seminars that explain the pro's and con's of all types of Weight Loss Options.  Sure wish I would of done that before doing the lapband.  I am attending a 2 hour manditory orientation seminar with my surgeon.  You have to be present before they even give you an appt. for your first consult.  This time I'm going slow, researching, going to the seminar so I can make the best decision for me.  My surgeon is excellent...........sure wish Iwould have found him 5 years ago!!  Been a long road for me.........so this time I want to make a very informed decision.  Just my thoughts!!
   Holly                                      
nkara
on 4/17/11 2:46 am
 I agree with you on the going to a seminar first. I didn't before my band surgery and I thought for sure it was the right surgery for me.  I'm now just deciding it isn't.  I only hope I can get an approval for a revision and get this damn thing out of me.  I'm going to a seminar the end of the month and I'll take it from there and see what happens.  

Good luck to you 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Holly O.
on 4/18/11 6:11 am - FL
My 2 hour orientation is April 28th.  I can't wait to go............I want to really listen and I have lots of questions.  I am glad this surgeon is making this manditory..........I believe it is so important to know about all ofhe surgeries, you know, the pro's the cons the good and the ugly.  Then I will be given my 1st consult appt.  then at least I can make an informed decision before going forward!!
   Holly                                      
Most Active